You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multi Monitor proxy connections

Mark Wolpert

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I have two questions regarding multi monitor proxy connections;

1) When I connect via proxy, the screen dialog box shows that I am connected but in the top corner of ES there is a yellow line between the client and main ES session. I cannot figure out why and I cannot see any aircraft in these sessions.

2) I know that with auto connect will find the connections but is there a way to automatically launch the multiple sessions of ES that I want. Essentially my main session changes to reflect different runways at the main airport but the client sessions (2 of them) never change. I was thinking maybe I could use a program launcher.

thanks,

Mark.

847924.png

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

1) You connect normally with your primary session. Your secondary session connects to the primary one, and then the secondary session should display this different connection symbol. Make sure that advanced proxy communication is activated.

2) There is no way to automatically launch additional instances (actually there probably are ways using external software), but you can create .lnk files that point to different profiles, so you do not have to manually select the profile but can just open the sessions by using the links. So instead of just the link to ES, you add the link to the .prf file after it. For example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EuroScope\EuroScope.exe" "\\CUBE\stephan\Docomeents\Vatsim\EuroScope\Profiles\EDGG-Laptop.prf"

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Great, thanks!

847924.png

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

2)

Hi, you could put the launching in a batch file.

You can try this and name it ES.bat. It will start two instances and wait 20 secs between. This makes sure the first will be the proxy host and the second the client.

START "ES1" "C:\Program Files\CsernakGergely\EuroScope\EuroScope.exe" "D:\Eigene Dateien\~Incoming\ATC\settings\_prim.prf"

ping localhost -n 21 > nul

START "ES2" "C:\Program Files\CsernakGergely\EuroScope\EuroScope.exe" "D:\Eigene Dateien\~Incoming\ATC\settings\_sec.prf"

EXIT

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tip. I made the batch file and it does work but unfortunately it stops at the location of the .prf file and waits for me to select the profile before moving on. Do you have any idea why this would not select the file and continue?

thanks,

Mark.

847924.png