You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sounds

Stefan Blauw

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Is it possible not to play sounds during some events? I, for example, don't want to hear a sound when ES has started up. I disabled some sounds, but it seems EuroScope is resetting them to default when no other sound file is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to an event, as there is no problem when I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign another sound to it instead of clearing the browse pad.

Stefan

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I can confirm that the sounds are not saved after change.

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Actually the events to which I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign another sound are saved. The events of which I just clear the path are not saved.

I hope this can be corrected.

Stefan

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I am not sure if it is a bug or not. I added the default sound to be played when the wave file name is empty. Unfortunately there is no difference at the moment between the empty when not yet sepcified and the empty if yo deleted it. At the moment I do not have idea how to make the difference. As a workaround create a wave file that contains one second of silence and use that file for the sounds that you do not want to hear.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Does Windows have an equivalent to the /dev/zero device on UNIX, something where, if you try to read from it, you get an empty file?

As an alternative, could you create a "No Sound" button, which sets the file path to something special that EuroScope will recognize as meaning "do not play anything"?

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

The first version of the installer (or was it the last beta?) created the new sounds incorrect by adding paths to soundfiles that did not exist. EuroScope did ignore them without any error, so if you can not completely delete them, simply build an error into the path, and it should be silent.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have the opposite problems.Some sounds which worked perfectly well on version 3, have now become silent.Yet when I try them in window media player, no problem.I can think of one in particular, Hand off request: Cordinates appear in blue on the bottom left hand side and the a/c number becomes blue also, but no sound. I have copied all the sounds in the correct place. Any Idea?

AlainV

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Alain,

I also met several wave files that can not be played with ES even so they can be played with media player or similar. I suggest creating a wave file with the most common settings like stereo, 16 bits, 41 kHz. They have the most chance to be played. And be sure that it has a minimum one second length. If you still failed send me the file for a debug to support(at)euroscope.hu

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Ok, now everything is alsmost back to normal but there are 5 files in the sounds set up which appear but when I play them nothing happens and I cannot find them anywhere:

ongoing coordination request

ongoing coordination accepted

ongoing coordination refused

manual ongoing coordination

new ATIS

AlainV

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

The default sounds are installed to "Program Files\CsernakGergely\EuroScope\Sounds\" folder. They names are readable.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

I had to unistall/reinstall and now I can see the files.

AlainV