You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What you can do with EuroScope PlugIn Environment

Todor Atanasov 878664

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Guys the GVCCS is in a closed beta now, very soon will be a public. AWOS will be next.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Todor Atanasov 878664

• Even Rognlien

• Halldor Bui Jonsson

• Neil Farrington

Top Posters In This Topic

• Todor Atanasov 878664

Todor Atanasov 878664 34 posts

• Even Rognlien

Even Rognlien 11 posts

• Halldor Bui Jonsson

Halldor Bui Jonsson 7 posts

• Neil Farrington

Neil Farrington 5 posts

Popular Days

• Jan 31 2011

10 posts

• Dec 22 2010

8 posts

• Jan 13 2010

6 posts

• Jan 30 2011

5 posts

Halldor Bui Jonsson
Posted
Posted

Great news. It as a feature that i miss most from VRC/ARCS. Let me know if you need more testers

--------------------

Best regards

--------------------

Halldor

• 3 weeks later...
Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

GVCCS is being tested by the closed beta. I'm adding some new features and fixing some new bugs. It took a lot longer to released it, but you have to thanks the beta members for requesting new stuff

AWOS will be released for beta after that.

Tom Uytterhoeven 1151895
Posted
Posted

Very nice, thanks for the heads-up, any idea on a date (although I hate asking such questions :p)

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I really don't know, I hope very soon.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I have set up GVCCS and would like to know if there is any way to have it run on a second computer. The reason I ask is that it takes up so much screen real estate it would be great if it would work from another computer, even if Skype remains on my main ES computer.

Mark.

847924.png

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

What about adding an extra monitor, Mark?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
I have set up GVCCS and would like to know if there is any way to have it run on a second computer. The reason I ask is that it takes up so much screen real estate it would be great if it would work from another computer, even if Skype remains on my main ES computer.

Mark.

Sorry but it will not work. Windows prevents it for security issues. Skype and GVCCS must be on the same machine to work. But there will be a smaller version of GVCCS after it is released, to people with one monitor and limited room on the desktop.

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

Just come across this post by accident, has the AWOS app been released yet.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

No AWOS will be after GVCCS.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply, yes I have a second monitor but it has 2nd and 3rd ES instances running.

847924.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Sorry but the problem is in Skype, not in GVCCS.

Nils Hillmann 1069421
Posted
Posted

This brings me to another solution idea, what about the control unit of the software on the pc with skype and es and only the view on another pc? I know this would be much work to make them communicate with eachother but maybe it is an idea for a version 2 of gvccs

------

You can find plugins for EuroScope at http://es-pluginworld.nilshillmann.de/projects/

Currently available there:

- OCC Plugin Version 1.2 (Development approved by Gergely Csernak)

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Again it is not possible, ES has noting to do with how GVCCS intercom part works.

Halldor Bui Jonsson
Posted
Posted

I cant seem to get it working. The main frequency button does not light up (white), allthough connect stays lit etc. The status page also does not display me as online.

I set up a new account etc and followed the instructions to the letter. It has full access to skype and so on.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

--------------------

Best regards

--------------------

Halldor

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Halldor, is the Connect button flashing or stays white? Which is the "main" frequency button?

P.S. Be advised that I found to much bugs in the latest beta release so from tonight GVCCS is disabled, until I fixed them.

Nils Hillmann 1069421
Posted
Posted
Again it is not possible, ES has noting to do with how GVCCS intercom part works.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I mean that if you build your software GVCCS like the MVC programming model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%80%93view%E2%80%93controller - Model-View-Controller) then it is another solution to put the M and C part (so model and controller) (the access to ES/Skype part and the core of the software) on the PC with ES/Skype and only the view part (so the window with the buttons and so on) on the other PC and then let them communicate over the network. So that GVCCS is then a little bit like a Server-Client software. Like fsuipc with the wideFS for the flightsimulator, where you then can put the FSInn on another PC than the PC where the flightsimulator is running.

So in summary:

PC1:

Skype, ES, GVCCS (core part)

PC2:

GVCCS (view part, so only the window which is then accessing the core part on the other pc for functionality - like a remote window)

------

You can find plugins for EuroScope at http://es-pluginworld.nilshillmann.de/projects/

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well that can be done, but it will not be in this release

Nils Hillmann 1069421
Posted
Posted

Like I mentioned before, I thought about that would be a nice idea for a version 2 of the GVCCS So not this release of version 1.

But this idea will then solve the problem Mark currently have.

------

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Can any of the functions on the GVCCS be controlled from a keyboard? Like answering calls?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

No, but they can be added.

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

OK, that would be great! But if it's a big job to implement that, there's no need for that in the first release though...

• 2 weeks later...
Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

I have Beta 0.6 installed now and it worked fine until suddenly now - when I press the 'Connect' button, it crashes! I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit, I have also tried to run it as admin and XP compatibility mode..

Otherwise I must say that this thing is a great piece of work! Thanks Todor!

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

There are random crashes on 64bit machines, one reason was the MS Outlook and Chrome browser. I really don't have a clue about it, and because I'm on 32bit XP I can't even catch the problem.