You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What you can do with EuroScope PlugIn Environment

Todor Atanasov 878664

Even Rognlien
Posted
Posted

Ok! It's working now.. after rebooting computer..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Todor Atanasov 878664

• Even Rognlien

• Halldor Bui Jonsson

• Neil Farrington

Top Posters In This Topic

• Todor Atanasov 878664

Todor Atanasov 878664 34 posts

• Even Rognlien

Even Rognlien 11 posts

• Halldor Bui Jonsson

Halldor Bui Jonsson 7 posts

• Neil Farrington

Neil Farrington 5 posts

Popular Days

• Jan 31 2011

10 posts

• Dec 22 2010

8 posts

• Jan 13 2010

6 posts

• Jan 30 2011

5 posts

Anthony Santanastaso
Posted
Posted

It's a very interesting add-on, but I am having difficulty downloading data from VATSIM. It successfully works with SKYPE and I have made sure that there are no issues with my firewall (I think). I keep on getting "VATSIM Data Error #12029." Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Anthony Santanastaso

Division Director

[email protected]

http://www.vatusa.net

logo_email_sig.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Error #12029 means -> "ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT The attempt to connect to the server failed". Check again your firewall and also check if you are having Defender (it can also block it). Can you download data in SI/VatSpy? If you are using ES, can it download VATSIM data? If you still have the problems feel free to contact me.

Anthony Santanastaso
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I can download data from VATSpy and Servinfo without a problem. I do not use Euroscope, though I was under the impression that you can use it with VRC just as well? Perhaps that is the error?

Anthony Santanastaso

Division Director

[email protected]

http://www.vatusa.net

logo_email_sig.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

It is a stand alone program, you can use it without ES. When you get that message hit the download button again. Tonight I noticed that one of the vatsim data server didn't work. But when I hit the button GVCCS, switched to another one.

Tom Uytterhoeven 1151895
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I just installed GVCCS and all is configured ^^ I'm pleasantly surprised. However, for windows 7 users (I do not know for Vista) put skype as well as GVCSS (also in admin mode) in compability mode for XP.

I found that if you do not do this skype gives an error when GVCSS wants to connect.

Cheers,

Tom

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

This could be the right place, although my thoughts are currently connected to this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54575

I feel that some really great plugins exist that incorporate more and more great features.

But I see that these monoliths cannot be useful used together, although the individual functions might be able to act completely independent.

I am all up for smaller, more granular EuroScope plugins that can be picked from here and there.

Some good examples are the Precision Approach Plugin, the Counter, or Oliver Grützmann's TagItems.dll. All just tiny bits of software that I can be sure it won't draw too much computer resources while only be active for what I want it to use. The UK [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant, although having a misleading name that does not tell what is in it, is configurable to only act in special parts as squawk [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment, initial altitude setting based on SID or history dot nicyfier. This would be a perfect example that could be split into 3 .dll's that people would be more willing to try out worldwide than a "UK [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant".

I am aware that things might just not work together with a plugin that does something similar (e.g., setting squawks or correlating or reacting to mouseclicks somewhere on the screen or...) - anyway I think it would be useful for us as a community to have smaller releases and greater exchange between them.

Australia, Canada, Bulgaria, Scandinavia,... all are having specialized, monolith plugins. Why not bring them a bit together? The reaction to Nils Hillmann's effort in the thread mentioned at the beginning shows that there is an amount of users that seeks for it.

Jake Saw
Posted
Posted

You make some valid points Jonas, but in my opinion there exists the possibility to have 2 distinct types of plugins.

Those that simulate a particular system to a high degree of accuracy; And

Those that add a particular functionality to the EuroScope base.

As a developer I automatically feel inclined to simulate the system that my home state uses. Smaller plugins are great, but I want closer to the real deal for myself and the other controllers within my division. Eventually I think you will see more and more smaller plugins come into existence as we get more and more developers (perhaps who already have a highly accurate depiction of their system!).

On request I am happy to put together simple little plugins on the side of TAAATSMod development, so long as they are not too complicated to implement.

Jake

Developer - vatSys

image.png.3cc3dde479bc419c580ca959161ce25e.png

• 1 month later...
Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted
Nope you don't need ES, this was created even before ES was created, and is working quite well

APS2.jpg

Hi, how is it going with this utility? I am looking forward to installing it Today I am gonna to install your GVCCS, so it would be nice next utility for my controlling.

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I was a bit delayed due to some real world activities, but it will be done.

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Ok, thank you for your update

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

• 3 years later...
Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

How it looks with that app?

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well I have really little free time the this year. I was involved in the testing of a new real ATC system and will be involved in the test for real SATCAS till February. After that I should have a little more free time. I may release it as it is right now, but it stills have some small bugs. You can see that I am not even very active in the forums

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

I totally understand that - thats actually why I was asking - I have a little time last days checking all vatsim resources regularly so I wanted to be sure that I havent missed the release date of that.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Todor:

Check the typo "Coordination MESSEGE Out".

Also, suggest using same capitalization rules for all windows.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

• 1 year later...
John Koranteng
Posted
Posted

so what happen'd to the plugin. no more news????

Regards

John

John K
VATSIM Membership Department - Data Auditing
[email protected]

vatsim_250.png.cb6bb5fa2b0b19b9301c46c1dea85658.png