You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Plug-In development / question

Sascha Fruehwirth 1051824

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Responding to Gergely's replay, I meant that the function you want (setting a text to the command line, not programmatically sending it) cannot be misused to implement a P2P-text-protocol that puts high load on the servers.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Actually it can, as the command bar is used for private chats, and you can easy send a chat message which the plugin can read as a command and thus can be used as P2P between the plugins and sending enter is quite easy . But I think it can be done by a function reading the alias file loaded in the ES and the ability to be set on mouse click.

Sascha Fruehwirth 1051824
Posted
Posted

I didn't want to make it that complicated

There must be still a misunterstanding!

Jonas is thinking like I do, so let me try to point this out:

If you ONLY set some text in the command line (no additional ), the user has manually to send this message. So there is no possibillity to program an automated loop.

Btw: I do NOT want to send a private message, just creating a text which should be sent by the controller on the primary frequency...

Sascha Fruehwirth

VACC-Austria

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Sascha I got what you mean from the first time I'm just explaining why it is not possible for the moment (and may not be soon).

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I see. It is really different. That can be implemented. I will copy it to our requests list.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer