You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Staffs Up Every Night of the Week!

Chris Renne 818571

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Russell and Ross - exactly!

Christian Renne

Events Director/VA Liaison

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Renne 818571

• Jeff Turner

• Lance Williams

• Ross Carlson

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Renne 818571

Chris Renne 818571 20 posts

• Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner 6 posts

• Lance Williams

Lance Williams 6 posts

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 4 posts

Popular Days

• Nov 4 2005

20 posts

• Oct 28 2005

14 posts

• Nov 3 2005

10 posts

• Dec 28 2005

9 posts

Russell Creel 835096
Posted
Posted

*pats himself on the back*

Actually I plagiarized most of what I said from something a VATUSA member said on the ZLA forums. Made me look smart!

Oh .. heh .. before I submited this I had to go look cause .. I had a suspicion .. and ..

I think you know who I plagiarized from!

1714.png

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Well at least you got it from a reliable source

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Ok folks - right now the feedback from ARTCCs seems to be overwhelmingly against rotating overnights. Developing...

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Jason Harris 877712
Posted
Posted
Ok folks - right now the feedback from ARTCCs seems to be overwhelmingly against rotating overnights. Developing...

Which ARTCC's??? Please don't make a decision until you get all the feedback. There are definitely better (more traffic) nights than others, and for a certain region(s) to get those nights consistently may be unfair.

Reminds me of the presidential elections....Gore has WON! nooo...Bush...noooo.....Gore....noooo wait.....LOL

I appreciate the fact you are directly seeking feedback from the ARTCC's regarding the rotating nights...lets wait until you get all the feedback before proclaiming the genger concensus

BTW, I did see the "developing..." part of the post

Jason Harris

3712.png

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Heh too much drudgereport viewing I guess. Anyway - I am of course going to wait to hear from everybody that gets back to me on this; although at this point I think it is unanimous. The main people I'm looking to in regards to rotations are controllers since pilots, whether they fly Monday or Wednesday or Friday are going to have ATC somewhere. So far ARTCCs seem to feel that the inconsistency of rotation outweighs any schedule conflict issues...I can understand that. Should have a final decision by tomorrow or Monday depending on how many more emails I get. Final revision will also consist of time modifications (yay!)

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Jason Harris 877712
Posted
Posted
Heh too much drudgereport viewing I guess. Anyway - I am of course going to wait to hear from everybody that gets back to me on this; although at this point I think it is unanimous. The main people I'm looking to in regards to rotations are controllers since pilots, whether they fly Monday or Wednesday or Friday are going to have ATC somewhere. So far ARTCCs seem to feel that the inconsistency of rotation outweighs any schedule conflict issues...I can understand that. Should have a final decision by tomorrow or Monday depending on how many more emails I get. Final revision will also consist of time modifications (yay!)

Are the results in from Florida yet Unanimous works for me, but I'm easy to please

Jason Harris

3712.png

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Indeed they are...and there was a much greater discrepancy in this vote than in FL '00, believe me.

Nearly unanimous decision for no rotation (at least for the time being) and the final decision on times, based on suggestions from individual ARTCC staff, is 0100Z for Eastern and Southern regions and 0200Z for Central and Western regions. Enjoy, folks!

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

These regional nights are a great thing!

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif

Timothy Suckow 847603
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris,

The Saturday Spotlight is working out GREAT for Honolulu! It's brought in quite a bit more traffic than we've had in the past. The event start time, 0000z, is good as well - because it is 1400 local Hawaii Time. Folks from anywhere in the world can enjoy our beautiful sunshine and scenery, no matter what part of the world they are in!

- Tim

ZHN ARTCC Training Administrator

VATSIM 847603

4548.png

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Tim-

That's very encouraging to here. Keep me apprised of the continuing progress of HNL's nights...hopefully people will continue to see how much fun they can have doing some island hopping from time to time!

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

• 1 month later...
Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Great night last night for Western Region guys! Additionally, I think we had most of the VATUSA region staffed with only a few ARTCCs not manned...

Great job and thanks VATUSA!

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Southern Region was a blast last night! Special thanks to: ZJX's MCO tracon, ATL CTR (Brandon Grchan - we still owe you that taco), and MEM CTR (Clemens Martin) and all of the southern region that staffed up. Jeff and I flew MCO to BNA and had a great time. Nice work guys!

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Clemens Martin
Posted
Posted

Howdy!

Thanks a lot, its always great to have traffic and nice pilots making ATC a challenge (20R is not 02R)... thats all i say (just kidding)

Cya ASAP

KZME S-3

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

That was a BLAST! What was it Chris? Left or Right Downwind? LOL

Anyway, MCO - Leonard and Paul Crowly, THANKS guys... A Great time!

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

Those are the names...couldn't remember them - MCO you guys were a big help.

And yeah so I was heading for the wrong runway...then when I got vectors to the correct runway, I made a left downwind instead of a right downwind....big deal who ever said being ambidextrous was a sin

Thanks again for the fun night folks.

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Clemens Martin
Posted
Posted

Howdy again!

Downwind 20R right IS NOT follow VATUSA1 LOL, but we gt you down, nashville is big enough for jokes LOL

Also, thanks for flying (last time i had a VATSIMx) in Memphis and on emergency... you wanna know more? LOL

Greetz

Clem

KZME

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

And yeah so I was heading for the wrong runway...then when I got vectors to the correct runway, I made a left downwind instead of a right downwind....big deal who ever said being ambidextrous was a sin

I slapped myself lastnight....Because It wasnt until you had left mt a/s that a realized I was calling you mark.

Dont worry though the taco's are on me next time.

Andrew Musselman
Posted
Posted

LoL, good work Brandon, usually I get bored flying out ZTL since im there all day but yeah, that was fun. Regional night went well.

1000.png

Chris Renne 818571
Posted
Posted

I slapped myself lastnight....Because It wasnt until you had left mt a/s that a realized I was calling you mark.

Dont worry though the taco's are on me next time.

Hey I'll respond to anything...always a nice treat when it's not derogatory. Another successful regional night; I'd encourage the ARTCCs that were not staffed up last night in the southern region to really push to get staffed up on these Tuesday nights. Brandon's heavy workload was proof that you staff it and they come!

Christian Renne

VATUSA (5)

[email protected]

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

I'll do my best to be at O'Hare tonight.