You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS9 vs. X-Plane 9 -- The Truth!

Mark McCoy 823112

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Brian, can you post a screenshot from your so we know what you're seeing? (ctrl-. takes a numbered screenshot and dumps it in your X-Plane root directory).

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

What his panel looked like or his rendering specs? Because if you mean the panel, there's something wrong on your end.

2vuh2cx.gif

Chris Kawchuk 1129097
Posted
Posted

Pic of my PiperArcher III Panel (slightly downsized to put up on the web). Perfectly readable.

screenshot_118-s.jpg

Aircraft is here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8870

- CK.

• 3 weeks later...
Marlon Van Der Linde 11932
Posted
Posted

Two weeks late to reply to this thread, but after realising that simulator people swear by their software up to a point where it becomes personal, I thought Id give my 10cents, especially when possible new XPlane users hunt the forums.

I have been using msfs simulators since fs98, mostly because I was ignorant and did the usual 'do what the majority does' thing. When I upgraded to FSX and realised that it was the worst piece of software development I have ever come across, I went to XPlane. Lo and behold, Xplane worked, and i got more than 10fps with my 6 cores, 8 GB of ram, and HD4870.... in fact, I am around 50 fps with mostly everything set up high nowadays and AA at 8.

When I saw people unfoundedly responding with [Mod - lovely stuff] like unreadable guages and so on, I placed a connection between them and a guy on our teamspeak server with a serious dislike for xplane (even though he never seem to have used it). My point is just, my graphics are tiptop, sharp, high res. Don't blame xplane if you use low quality freeware... get high quality decent freeware or buy a few models. My MU2, CRJ200, etc are all top notch and my world looks lovely, even though 50% of it is self converted sceneries

My flightmodel feels GREAT, and there is no chance in hell I am ever going back to MS, EVER, the new FLIGHT put me off way before it's even released, no time for games. And besides XP10 promises to be great. I am sticking with 9 though at least until next year...

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

I could not agree with you more Marlon.

I too was a FS user since FS98 up until FSX... decided to try XP9 out. I have been loving it ever since.

And exactly, with high quality payware aircraft such as the MU2, SSJ100, and the CRJ200 (not to mention the x737, QPAC A320) (and the soon to be released payware 757, 767, 777), in my opinion, XPlane is slowly "overtaking" FS...

I find that people usually get an idea about XPlane by looking at bad youtube landing videos, with low graphics and no scenery, default aircraft etc. Thats why most people bash XPlane before even trying it out.

Kind regards,

New York ARTCC

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

I always found it odd that x-plane discussions are kept in the Xplane forum. As if for some reason we need to be quarantined from the rest the users, perhaps thats not the intent but I don't think it helps. I'm really happy Aerosoft went with XP10. Hopefully they'll release some Mega Airports and I can pick up the CRJ to do some puddle jumping around Europe.

Jeremy Castellanos 1007109
Posted
Posted

I use both XP and FSX but would have to say I highly favor XP for alot of my flights. I have been using both for many years but XP has always pulled me to it.. As for readable gauges I never had an issue with them for payware and some freeware ones also to me XP has a better fluid sroll motion for the gauges. It does matter the settings. I have finally got an updated rig on the way so I should now be good to go with running XP very well for a change but has always ran better that FSX for me..

Yeah I can't wait for XP10...was what also prompted my new rig.