You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Don't Man LA Center, Unless...

Lance Williams

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
And one more thing Lance. Are all your post negative? I come to the conclusion that you are a trouble maker and maybe need to be banned.

Wow.

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lance Williams

• Bryan Wollenberg 810243

• Nicholas Bartolotta 912967

• Jeffery Williams 849847

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lance Williams

Lance Williams 16 posts

• Bryan Wollenberg 810243

Bryan Wollenberg 810243 6 posts

• Nicholas Bartolotta 912967

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967 4 posts

• Jeffery Williams 849847

Jeffery Williams 849847 3 posts

Popular Days

• Dec 5 2005

27 posts

• Dec 4 2005

22 posts

• Dec 9 2005

8 posts

• Dec 7 2005

6 posts

Glenn Brown 834711
Posted
Posted

You hit it right on the head Bryan Wollenberg !!

I think that says it all !

I for one am not going to waste my time here with Lance (Got better things to do, like fly on vatsim)

End of thread

I hope

"Janet702 clear to land one niner right"

I just love to hear that LA CTR you guys rock!!!

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
Lance, quit complaining and enjoy the live enteraction because you ain't gonna find it anywhere else, on this level. And one more thing Lance. Are all your post negative? I come to the conclusion that you are a trouble maker and maybe need to be banned. And nobody gets paid here.... Its Virtual... Get it yet!

Negative Dan??? This post started (by me) and ended on a positive note until you came in here calling for someone to be banned.

Let's see who's being negative here???

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Dan McMahan 834034
Posted
Posted

With that said, I'd like to start my rant.

I vote that nobody be allowed to control LA Center unless they have LAS_APP, LA_APP and SAN_APP supporting them!

Yep, nobody can control LA Center until they have those three positions filled.

Why do you ask I request this? Well, one person alone can not handle that much traffic. It's simply impossible! A couple of us had to disconnect from VATSIM today, just to get going out of San Diego because he was too busy to give us clearance.

That's simply not fun. I would have preferred LA Center wasn't online and that's not why I joined VATSIM.

OK, that's just my crazy thought here. Nobody log into LA Center until you have at least LAS_APP, LA_APP and SAN_APP online, then we'll be good, ok?

You call ranting positive!

Dan McMahan

CEO - Hooters Virtual Air

VP - Janet Virtual Air

hva.jpg

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

It was my thought's and opinion on how to handle the situation. The same thought you had above Dan in one of your posts.

I refuse to respond to your flame bait here any longer though as it's apparent you have nothing better to do then bait.

My post was a "suggestion." Nothing more nothing less.

I'm done with this post now!

P.S. Nice quoting there too. You missed my first sentance where I said LA did a "GREAT JOB!"

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Glenn Brown 834711
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow I guess my quote did not stop the thread

It looks like Lance wished he had never started it after all. He is now coming to the defense and just wishes it would stop and go away but only on his terms

Well maybe you can see now Lance, most of us love vatsim and enjoy flying with ATC no matter how long it takes to get clearance.

I think that I can speak for most of us from reading your first post.

It was a slap in the face and insulting to all of us that spend are free time controlling/flying

We don't get payed for it, its a game REMEMBER!!!!!!!!

I agree wiith Dan that all of your posts are very very Negative

If you dont appreciate are even like the services that vatsim provides, then maybe you should look for other things to do with your life

Believe me you won't be missed !!!!

My advice to you "think twice before you post".

Good luck

Edited by Guest

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
Wow I guess my quote did not stop the thread

It looks like Lance wished he had never started it after all. He is now coming to the defense and just wishes it would stop and go away but only on his terms

Well maybe you can see now Lance, most of us love vatsim and enjoy flying with ATC no matter how long it takes to get clearance.

I think that I can speak for most of us from reading your first post.

It was a slap in the face and insulting to all of us that spend are free time controlling/flying

We don't get payed for it, its a game REMEMBER!!!!!!!!

I agree wiith Dan that all of your posts are very very Negative

If you dont appreciate are even like the services that vatsim provides, then maybe you should look for other things to do with your life

Believe me Vatsim will never know that you're gone!!!!

My advice to you "think twice before you post".

Good luck

Glenn, take your own advice! This post was over with until you came in here trying to flame it up again! I wasn't complaining, only giving my opinion on a possible solution to something!

If you don't like that, don't read my posts!

Lance

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

5000seconds.jpg

Glenn Brown 834711
Posted
Posted (edited)

You seem to have no manners at all

How old are you son anyway?

Have some respect and just apologize on your last post and then you will gain the respect you so desire

You must be feeling guilty about what you have started or you would just move on with your life

It's ok son we all have said something we wish we could take back

I think there is a way you can have your negative posts taken off the thread

If that makes you feel better

Its going to be alright son

Take care my freind

Edited by Guest

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
Lance, quit complaining and enjoy the live enteraction because you ain't gonna find it anywhere else, on this level. And one more thing Lance. Are all your post negative? I come to the conclusion that you are a trouble maker and maybe need to be banned. And nobody gets paid here.... Its Virtual... Get it yet!

I for one am not going to waste my time here with Lance (Got better things to do, like fly on vatsim)

You seem to have no manners at all

How old are you son anyway?

Have some respect and just apologize on your last post and then you will gain the respect you so desire

You must be feeling guilty about what you have started or you would just move on with your life

It's ok son we all have said something we wish we could take back

I think there is a way you can have your negative posts taken off the thread

If that makes you feel better

Its going to be alright son

Take care my freind

Before this gets locked (And I think it should)

I would just like to point out a few things here...

and before I go into this, I know that people think that Lances posts are mostly negative (I agree in some cases)... but look at the facts here.

Lance stated his Opinion. He complimented the ATC and then gave a suggestion...

It was posted in a light hearted manner. notice the winks in the "stratigic positions". they mean somthing.

Let me preface this by saying LA Center did an amazing job tonight, handling three major airports all by himself.

With that said, I'd like to start my rant.

I vote that nobody be allowed to control LA Center unless they have LAS_APP, LA_APP and SAN_APP supporting them!

Yep, nobody can control LA Center until they have those three positions filled.

Why do you ask I request this? Well, one person alone can not handle that much traffic. It's simply impossible! A couple of us had to disconnect from VATSIM today, just to get going out of San Diego because he was too busy to give us clearance.

That's simply not fun. I would have preferred LA Center wasn't online and that's not why I joined VATSIM.

OK, that's just my crazy thought here. Nobody log into LA Center until you have at least LAS_APP, LA_APP and SAN_APP online, then we'll be good, ok?

Sure... Man LA Approach first. At least then it's manageable. Having to disconnect from VATSIM so you can start your flight is not fun when one person is trying to handle 30+ aircraft as LA Center.

Seems to me that he never intened to Change VATSIM policy or dictate to ZLA how to run their airspace.

Even after others joined in, he kept a light hearted manner in this and still just voiced his OPINION...

Yep, you guys rock indeed. This was just one of my many random thoughts as I was flying offline, LOL. No biggy really, but I do like that EuroControl idea.

he recieved a blunt reply about the Logistics in coordinating two TRACON certified controllers so CTR can go online, to which Lance simply replied:

I guess If I were the controller, I wouldn't want to be "overworked" like that and would take an APP position over a Center spot that's just going to cause aggravation, but that's just me.

Then he was "accused" of "Attacking" a Specific ARTCC... to which Lances reply was:

this was a light-hearted post, no need to get all worked up over it.

Just my thoughts and I honestly don't think they are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]anine ideas either, although you are entitled to your opinion as I am.

Take it as that, nothing more, nothing less gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]hopper!

And one more quote by somone in this thread to Lance:

Believe me you won't be missed !!!!

My advice to you "think twice before you post

From now on, I will think twice. I will think twice About posting my opinion, how ever logical it sounds or however freindly a way I will post it, I will still get torn to shreds.

Alex Brown 909894
Posted
Posted

I have never posed to a forum before however I could not resist this one

Ben Zwebner are you Lances Attorney at Law ? (lol) you sure came to Lances defensive and did a good job at editing Glenns quotes

I for one agree with Glenn

Right on man!!!!!!!

SHAME SHAME SHAME Lance !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Meyer 944876
Posted
Posted

Anyone else loving this post?

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

Ben Zwebner are you Lances Attorney at Law ? (lol) you sure came to Lances defensive and did a good job at editing Glenns quotes

Actually.. most of the quotes arent Glenns.

No, I am not his Attorney. I dont really get along with him that well, if you dont belive me, check this out:

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=29008#29008

Now, after you read that... Even tho I might not get along with him, this whole thing was blown out of proportions and I stand with him on this. He made an innocent comment and suggestion....

But hey, what would a Forum be with out a "Flame War" now and then?

Dan McMahan 834034
Posted
Posted

This wil be my last post on this topic. But I think that it is up to the controllers to decide if the pilot load is to big for them to handle and request help amongst themselves if they need it.

But the busier it gets the more I enjoy it. ZLA (Keith) keep up the good work.......

One final word. I repeat final.... If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Dan McMahan

CEO - Hooters Virtual Air

VP - Janet Virtual Air

hva.jpg