You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

.Net Development

Kevin Kelm 910510

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Can't IIS run PHP now too?

A PHP ISAPI DLL has been available for quite a while.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Kevin Kelm 910510
Posted
Posted
Can't IIS run PHP now too?

A PHP ISAPI DLL has been available for quite a while.

Excuse my ignorance, never looked into it myself.

ZSE C1 | UND ATC CTI Student

Private Pilot | Member of UND Flying Team Competition Team

2011_CTR_WK48.png

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
You know how people are; they hate everything Microsoft just because its Microsoft.

I am one of them. If I can avoid Microsoft, I will. But I have good reason, having been developing websites and programs since 1995. It's a long term gradual frustration that evolved into boycotting of their "tools".

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'd hate Microsoft if I could, but they have the best developer tools, so I can't!

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted
I'd hate Microsoft if I could, but they have the best developer tools, so I can't!

Thats the thing, not only are they great tools they are absolutely free. It's easy to hate Microsoft but they are a different company in my eyes ever since the EU ruled on software bundling. They didn't realize Microsoft would just "open source" all their APIs after that point. Sure the end user pays the cost, but the individual developer doesn't have to pay a dime ever. If you bought Visual Studio, it was for the $10,000 Team Manager or their $100,000 test lab manager, or some other expensive addon tool.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

I miss some of the fun exploits though... being part of the student admin group in HS and "accidentally" mistyping a net send to broadcast a message through out the schools LAN. >.> "Oops"

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Definitely there was a time when network software was intended for trusted users only. God forbid if you were silly enough to run ftpd on the internet.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Definitely there was a time when network software was intended for trusted users only. God forbid if you were silly enough to run ftpd on the internet.

Yeah ... and even later than that, some of the earlier sshds were rife with security flaws.

• 1 month later...
John Moen 988121
Posted
Posted

Definitely can't beat PHP's platform support, though. I've been looking for a good PHP IDE with code completion as good as Visual Studio's, but haven't found one yet. Any suggestions?

I've used PHPdesigner from MPsoftware for quite some time now developing ajax webapplications with PHP backend, and it has prooved to be awsome for rapid devolpment with PHP,javascript libraries like Jquery and yui, html(5),css(3) and so on, with codehints and function-declarations.

It even reads included files in your script to show you the functions,variables and cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es available along with their docomeentation if they're specified. It supports breakpoints (depends on a local php instance).

Well, it's worth a try

Trial available at mpsoftware.dk (fullversion €29, but thats worth it)

Webmaster and Developer http://www.Vatsim-Scandinavia.org

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks John, I'll definitely try it out.

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Found this.. might be useful as well but its fairly basic as is. Just recognizes and highlights the code. But I'm sure PHP is in the works, they've already done so much with IIS.

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/2a10ba81-26c5-47d9-939b-6bcc7bbec251

Now if they only had a free version of SQL Redgate Prompt..that looks killer