You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift - Pilot client progress

Robert Bressert

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sascha Steingrobe 880415

• Roland Rossgotterer 104726

• Richard Asberg

• Mathew Sutcliffe

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sascha Steingrobe 880415

Sascha Steingrobe 880415 34 posts

• Roland Rossgotterer 104726

Roland Rossgotterer 104726 29 posts

• Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg 14 posts

• Mathew Sutcliffe

Mathew Sutcliffe 12 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 21 2013

24 posts

• Mar 5 2014

11 posts

• Mar 29 2016

10 posts

• Feb 26 2014

10 posts

Chris Thiele 1148027
Posted
Posted

Hi !

I've one Question regarding the CPDLC and PMDG. I've read on the facebook page, that after the initial release of the T7 the Vatsim client Project wants to discuss a possible implementation of the CPDLC Function in PMDG Products.

Did you guys already talk to PMDG? And do they consider to implement it themselves. i'm just curious, cause in the PMDG forum i've read that they will release a SDK which sounds like someone else has to implement the CPDLC function.

Thanks in advance for your great work on the client!

Chris

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
Just a small request.

Would it be possible to implement a tone on specific output (speakrer) to "ring" when an ATCO send me ma "contact me"?

I often remove my headset in cruise bud then i don't hear the privat message sound of the ATC.

Get a USB headset and map your voice through the head set and the sounds trough your speakers, it's easy done in current pilot clients.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Steven Caffey
Posted
Posted
Just a small request.

Would it be possible to implement a tone on specific output (speakrer) to "ring" when an ATCO send me ma "contact me"?

I often remove my headset in cruise bud then i don't hear the privat message sound of the ATC.

Get a USB headset and map your voice through the head set and the sounds trough your speakers, it's easy done in current pilot clients.

But if voice is set to the headset, won't the alert sound also come through the headset?

Steven Caffey (SY) ZLA Controller

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

1099774.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

nope that part plays over the default sound device

Mauro Gerber 1175094
Posted
Posted

What i talk about is that you hear a special sound ("ding-dong") on a selectable output device for privat messages (a Friend, a contact me from a Controller or a SUP) and ONLY that.

I have everything on my headset (default device) for not to desturb my surrounding since I don't live alone at my appartment *g* and the notification from the chitchat on unicom should not be on the speaker.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
What i talk about is that you hear a special sound ("ding-dong") on a selectable output device for private messages (a Friend, a contact me from a Controller or a SUP) and ONLY that.

That is already implemented in the current clients, please read the manuals

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

• 2 weeks later...
Mauro Gerber 1175094
Posted
Posted

THX a lot

• 3 weeks later...
Er-Jin Jang
Posted
Posted

I've been away from VATSIM for a little bit. How's the progress going? Was the discussion moved to another thread? (Seems a little quiet in here)

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

https://www.facebook.com/pilotclientproject

Yesterday

Dear community,

the project is still on the road. We made some very good progress in the past weeks and months, but most of it was in the C++ backend - so I don't want to bore you with developer stuff

However, it is a cool feeling to log into the test server, see the list of controllers and aircrafts populating, start chatting with others, see booked Controllers and a lot more.

We are now starting to integrate the simulators to see the smooth landings of your VATSIM colleagues inside your favorite simulator.

You want to hear more or even watch a demonstration of the current status? Join the W14 Vatsim Conference and listen the presentation...

Sascha Steingrobe 880415
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello community,

fortunately (changed from unfortunately as I had a blond moment), we are making as well good progress. I had a chat yesterday with Roland about the last results and here we are.

Connection to test servers are done and stable, FSX integration is on its way as well as more of the requested features. It will take some time, but we are working down the line and there are no major issues at the moment holding the project from further development.

As we had spoken about CPDLC: yes its already on the agenda. We had made the conclusion, that we still first finish the major steps in the client to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure we have no changing in the major coding and delivery of informations, so PMDG and aerosoft f.e. can connect themselfs without having any issues, or even implement the whole client into their products.

Next steps will be then the interpolation algorythm for the aircrafts movement and much more.

So stay tune and even visit the W14 conference for more live information in regards of the client.

Kind regards,

Sascha Steingrobe

Edited by Guest

f72.gif

Project Manager - swift pilot client project

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

What's unfortunate?

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Sascha Steingrobe 880415
Posted
Posted
What's unfortunate?

Hehe, you are right...just some misspelling^^

f72.gif

Er-Jin Jang
Posted
Posted

Ah, good to hear! I have to say that your dev team is by far the best at making periodic progress reports - it builds trust and confidence for supporters of the project! Keep it up!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
I have to say that your dev team is by far the best at making periodic progress reports

Interesting. I'm pretty puzzled by your observation, noting that we are getting near-daily updates/Q&A/traffic on vPilot. But maybe these updates you are referring to are on Facebook; I don't use Facebook.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63136

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
I have to say that your dev team is by far the best at making periodic progress reports

Interesting. I'm pretty puzzled by your observation, noting that we are getting near-daily updates/Q&A/traffic on vPilot. But maybe these updates you are referring to are on Facebook; I don't use Facebook.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63136

I think Jang was just giving some positive feedback to the dev team.... I'm sure no slight intended against Ross et al. Maybe just a little "lost in translation"

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Er-Jin Jang
Posted
Posted

Ah, my mistake with vPilot. Again, I've been away from VATSIM for quite a bit, so I only got to know about vPilot just yesterday. As far as I see, they're also keeping very good contact with supporters! I'm really looking forward to both clients!

No negative comment intended for anybody; just cheering all who are working hard for a good cause!

Sascha Steingrobe 880415
Posted
Posted (edited)

Look, as we have something to tell you we will do. Ross is developing on his Client, as we have a different approach. frequent updates are given by us when it comes to new information about the development worth to give. I don't see a need for a comparison even not after release as we have different intentions. Stay tune

Edited by Guest

f72.gif

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted
What's unfortunate?

Hehe, you are right...just some misspelling^^

Haha, read the post twice trying to figure out what went wrong

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Roland Rossgotterer 104726
Posted
Posted

There was maybe a quiet period. There are different reasons (no, it was not that nothing happened ). Sascha was busy with real life and I gave coding priority. We also doing a lot things on the C++ backend which is probably not interesting for anyone, because you will never see it For example, I'm working on a template method, to register/unregister receiver objects that get called when a configured key is pressed (This leads finally to the report, PTT is done)

So I guess, reports will come more frequent when we are close to beta, can present all the features of the GUI, get people to start preparing data (like mapping, etc). If I would start talking about dangling pointers, multiple inheriance, abstract interfaces, virtual methods.... you look at me and ask: "What the hell..."

Just some explanation. No worries

swift - Technical Manager

http://swift-project.org/

Herby GORE 1217546
Posted
Posted

Nice to see what is coming. I'm definitively looking forward for this very promising client.

One question:

What does CPDLC stands for?

1414406989.png1217546.png

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
One question:

What does CPDLC stands for?

Controller-Pilot Data Link Communications

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Richard McDonald Woods
Posted
Posted

Cheers, Richard

You are the music, until the music stops. T.S.Eliot

Herby GORE 1217546
Posted
Posted
Got it! Thanks
1414406989.png1217546.png

Gonzalo Ramazco 1039725
Posted
Posted

Amazing project, really I couldn't believe all the features that I was reading on the specifications list, some of them where above my imagination.

I have a question about the SDK, I'm currently using a custom made app that calls me when I have a 'Contact me' message. Squawkbox interface offers an offset on the SDK to announce incoming chat, Private Conversation pop messages, info and error events. Will the new client have this included on the SDK?. Many people are requesting different ways to configure how does the client advise you on an incoming Contact Me/Private chat, a SDK option could be the solution.

PS: This CPDLC feature, only the developers of the aircraft could add it?, will be a way to add it to the 'oldies'?, like a general gauge or something?