You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot open beta for network stuttering fix available

Ross Carlson

Ezio Cingolani 953405
Posted
Posted
What's your thoughts on this ?

I don't see how it could be related, but who knows ... FSX is a finicky beast.

I would suggest you keep trying and if it keeps happening, try running an older version (if you can handle the stuttering movement) and see if it happens with an older version.

Ross,

just to let you know that today I replicated "offline" my yesterday's flight keeping an eye on the VAS usage (I usually don't have any VAS monitoring enabled). During the entire flight my VAS was around 1.1 Gb, but when I arrived close to LGTS it sank to a poor 200 Mb, so my conclusion is my yesterday's OOM is not related to the proxy running.

Ciao

34.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Okay, thanks Ezio.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ezio Cingolani 953405
Posted
Posted

Ross,

sorry to be back again..

I have to report an issue I had with vPilot this evening: halfway through a flight I completely lost all my TX/RX capabilities as well as my ATC connections.....all of a sudden the left hand side of the vPilot control panel showed no more ATC online (even if they were on line) and I could not PTT anymore ( I have configured the PTT through the proxy) or listen to ATC voice. I disconnected vPilot from VATSIM network and tried to shut down and restart the proxy, then I reconnected vPilot and ATC were again displayed on the vPilot control panel, but still it was impossible to transmit. I had no other choice than disconnect again and complete my flight offline.

Any idea what might have caused this ?

Thanks

Ciao

34.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hard to say ... let me know if you run into it again. Might be a good idea to run in debug mode for now.

Since you didn't see any ATC online, it sounds like a server issue, but that's mostly a guess.

Theo Bearman 1215409
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross,

Can I suggest an option to turn off the ModelMatching error sound? No offence but it's doing my nut in!

Thanks,

Theo.

bavcaptain.PNG

RAM: 8GB

CPU: Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Motherboard : Samsung NP350V5C-A06UK

Queens Park Rangers FC - Loftus Road - London

1215409.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Theo, if you are getting so many model matching errors that the sound is driving you crazy, you have misconfigured vPilot. The error is there to let you know that. The model matching error should be an exception, not the norm!

Ezio Cingolani 953405
Posted
Posted

Ross,

same story again. All of a sudden I loose all the ATC capabilities....it is very annoying indeed as there is no way to contact ATC neither via voice nor via txt.

Regards

34.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you run in debug mode?

Ezio Cingolani 953405
Posted
Posted

No, unfortunately I forgot to run it in debug mode. Will try again soon and report back.

Regards

34.png

Ezio Cingolani 953405
Posted
Posted

Ross,

just wanted to let you know that after replacing the Beta release with the official 20091 the problem disappeared. I have completed 3 flights since I installed the 20091 update and, keeping fingers crossed, I have had no issues whatsoever.

I'll get back to you if the problem reappears.

Regards

34.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Probably just a coincidence ... there is almost zero difference between the beta and 20091.