You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can You Handle The SweatBox?

Richard Jenkins

Pedro Marquez 811136
Posted
Posted

Where can I download Sweat Box?

I can use that to train our controllers in the USAFv.

Thanks

AFV0001.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

sweatbox is just a server. the instructor needs ACSim or tower trainer to inject the traffic.

i cant remember how vUSAF (used to be with them) handles the training with VATUSA/VATSIM, but youll need the appropriate ratings/permissions etc.. to be able to use those programs.

nothing special needed from the student other then the ATC client, all they have to do is connect to the sweatbox server.

are you guys able to issue ratings etc.? if not, im thinking you may need to contact the home ARTCC's and try to see if their instructors can be made available to you.

Rich or someone else may be able to give more info. the last time i was in the vUSAF ATC program a few years ago we only operated as visitors within the home ARTCC's, we didnt do ratings advancement, etc.. from what i remember. altho we did have instructors who were also instructors at their home ARTCC's, our sessions were on the network tho, never on sweatbox, so not sure if that was a limitation or something

Pedro Marquez 811136
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot for the clarification Ernesto, greatly appreciated.

Yes indeed, we want to be able to work a few of the military airbases as visiting controllers and to work in the MOA's etc....

Thanks

AFV0001.png

• 4 years later...
Gabriel Himes 1341943
Posted
Posted

Can anyone train me so I can get to work?

Sincerely, Gabriel Himes

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Gabriel. Welcome to VATSIM. I noticed you joined VATSIM a few hours ago. Once VATUSA receives your membership information from the central membership database (about 07Z), you can go to the VATUSA home page and click the green link on the right side, Become a VATUSA ATC, and follow the process. See you on the scopes soon.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Gabriel Himes 1341943
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help!

Sincerely, Gabriel Himes

Gabriel Himes 1341943
Posted
Posted

Also do you know how I can join the United States Division?

Sincerely, Gabriel Himes

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Let's stop hijacking this thread. You already signed up for VATUSA when you signed up for VATSIM.

Please don't post parallel threads. I'll request this thread be merged with your other one.

You need to read the advice that's been given you. It will benefit your ATC career here greatly.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations