Where have all the ladies gone!!!!

they are around, but definitely agree with Davor, there have been several for example that visited the facebook page often, until the mohicans got out of control and acted like cavemen

i know of at least 4 that control or fly in europe, you may not notice them directly over the radio cause they often sound like some of our younger pubescent male teens

in the western hemisphere, i know of 2 that fly or control in the US

I think it's not exclusive to VATSIM or flight simulation, but applies to most forms of digital entertainment, gaming, etc: ladies are seldom fascinated by hobbies and pastimes that require sitting hours at a time in front of a PC. Those who enjoy or practice aviation or ATC in the real world might not necessarily be attracted to the digital counterpart.

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info

They are all out controlling in the RW.

Currently on the KLAS LiveATC feed, there are 3 ladies controlling Local (Ground/Tower, Clearance Delivery), with 1 on at L30.

They know they could have it better in the real world, simply because they can get paid to do it.

Either way, I expect Auntie Ruth to make an appearance in the thread, just based on the subject alone.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

• Board of Governors

Oh... Oh, God... Not Auntie Ruth.... I still have nightmares and sometimes wake up with cold sweats when I remember last time she came around!!!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Membership

What, are you guys looking for a date or something??

We're poking the bear, and hoping it awakes.

BL.

Remember what they say......sometimes you chase the bear and other times the bear chases you. Be careful

It's fun being the eager beaver in this one; wanting to see how bad bad can get. And in this case, Auntie Ruth is the funnest kind of bad.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

• 4 weeks later...

There are probably more ladies involved in VATSIM than you realize.. Though I have my own ID # and I have my own personal airplane (Carenado Mooney M20J). I typically prefer to be "Behind the scenes" as co-pilot to my husband.

I have flown across both the US and Europe on VATSIM. There are more than a few controllers (I love when they are on line) that know if my husband is flying that I am sitting next to him preforming all the co-piloting duties (I check the weather, pull charts, tune radios and verify headings).

Maybe a way to get more women active on VATSIM is for you men to make it more fun and encourage your significant other to join in.

My husband and I have had many date nights on VATSIM.

Happy Flying,

Janet

Was just about to post up and say I haven't seen Ms. Jasmine Green recently, however, just looked on the scope and it look's like she's back from LOA! She's another great female pilot, has been very active in the past and is extremely professional.

Hi Janet...your husband told me that I'm one of your favorite controllers

Tell him that if your the pilot monitoring, you get to talk on the radio!

Yes Ken, you are one of my favorite East Coast Controllers.. Chad has been pushing me to take over the comms. So if you hear my voice be gentle.

Good to see you again, Janet!

But "Boston Don" will always be my first. Hi Don

• 2 years later...

The ladies will disappear from VATSIM, when the har[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ment stops.

There are people on VATSIM and IVAO who targets female pilots.

Guys!!! PLEASE!!!

We do fly online, because there are female pilots in the real world.

We do love our hobby.

PLEASE!!! Don't deprive us from our interests.

We are not here do "target", get hit on or for dating.

There are other website where you can date.