You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

World of AI package downloader

Ross Carlson

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Someone asked a question i had on page 1 or 2 but reading through doesn't seem to have been answered:

Will this check what I already have installed? Or is it purely just a fetcher (is that a word?!)?

If not, is there a way to see what I've already got downloaded and what version it is?

Thanks

Mr.

VATSIM P2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Andreas Fuchs

• Don Desfosse

• Martin Maaskant

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 25 posts

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 5 posts

• Don Desfosse

Don Desfosse 5 posts

• Martin Maaskant

Martin Maaskant 4 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 16 2020

7 posts

• Jun 7 2015

7 posts

• Jun 15 2015

6 posts

• Jun 9 2015

6 posts

Popular Posts

Ross Carlson

They have changed the HTML structure of the WOAI package list page, so it was not finding the individual links any more. I have updated it: http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/WorldOfAiDownl

EJ Davis

Or he could be one of those people like me that keep AI on while on VATSIM. It only messes me up every flight!

Posted Images

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It is only a downloader. I don't know of a way to get a list of what's already installed. Maybe the WoAI installer has that ability? Been a while since I've used it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted
It is only a downloader. I don't know of a way to get a list of what's already installed. Maybe the WoAI installer has that ability? Been a while since I've used it.

It does if you haven't tinkered with your FSX or FS9 installation and your WOAI installation... all of which I've done!

Mr.

VATSIM P2

• 2 weeks later...
Eric Yang 1383438
Posted
Posted

for some reason that when i try to login in my avsim account on the downloader, it keep saying the the username or the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is incorrect

ps: I do have account for avsim

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
for some reason that when i try to login in my avsim account on the downloader, it keep saying the the username or the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is incorrect

ps: I do have account for avsim

Make sure you're using your AVSIM library account, not your forum account. They are different.

• 4 months later...
Daniel Bennett 1403047
Posted
Posted

when I download it said could not find the file you might not have the permssions plz help

• 2 months later...
Max Davy 1408159
Posted
Posted

Hi,

When i try to login to the World of AI package downloader with my avsim login it keeps saying AVSIM Login failed. Please check username and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Could someone help please.

Many thanks.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Avsim forum and avsim library are different logins.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• 1 year later...
Michal Nowacki 1428050
Posted
Posted

I get an error with it not being able to secure an SSL/TLS channel. Any advice?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is there a reason why you’re attempting to use WoAI instead of FLAi? If you’re still using FS9, please note that vPilot and I believe FLAi are incompatible, but if you’re using FSX or P3D, strongly recommend vPilot and FLAi.

Edited by Guest

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Don, you meant FS9, not FSX, right?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, oops! Edited my post to correct that error.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Slightly OT..

Will FLAI update its version when I hit the update button?

Or do I have to download the new build?

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted
Is there a reason why you’re attempting to use WoAI instead of FLAi? If you’re still using FS9, please note that vPilot and I believe FLAi are incompatible, but if you’re using FSX or P3D, strongly recommend vPilot and FLAi.

I use both; WoAI to get the flight plans, FLAi will fill in the gaps for models. I'd like to set vPilot to only use FLAi models for matching but I've yet to figure out/ spend the time to do that.

I switch of AI traffic if I need to in congested Vatsim areas, but some of the time i'm flying in areas where there are slim to no Vatsim traffic so I like to have "some" company. If there is a Vatsim traffic they usually have a callsign above their aircraft as opposed to a tail number which is how I differentiate. Would be cool if vPilot had a setting to change the colour (or that might be an FSX setting) of the "tag" above the aircraft between Vatsim and WoAI traffic.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted
Slightly OT..

Will FLAI update its version when I hit the update button?

Or do I have to download the new build?

FLAi checks your version on starting the app; then if it indicates you need to update you click update and it will do all it needs to.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I'd like to set vPilot to only use FLAi models for matching but I've yet to figure out/ spend the time to do that.

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation#configuration

Check the section regarding the Model Matching - Advanced tab.

• 2 weeks later...
Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
Hi Ross, could you also implement a filter for FS9 packages? I am one of those old fashioned pilots who have not changed to FSX/P3D and still enjoy taking FS9 out for an online flight.

Good for you Andreas. Me too!!!

1.jpg

• 9 months later...
Jay Palacios 1438772
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm getting a "Filename not found in response headers" message... I've tried turning off everything relating to a proxy server, I've tried running as admin, and I've tried redownloading the tool, that error has still remained... What do I do now?

• 8 months later...
Michael Spina
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ross, 

I have used your tool a number of times, but having a new issue as I go through and try to re-download the WOAI packages on a new machine.

I am able to download and open your tool, and it seems to accept my AVSIM credentials (confirmed on AVSIM Library). When I go to select the "Available Packages" I do notice that there is not a + sign to expand the list. 

When I select "Passenger Airlines" or any other option and hit download, the tool says download complete, but when I go to the destination C:\Users\micha\Desktop\FS\WOAI there are no packages.

Thank you for any guidance or fix you might be able to provide! 

WOAI Downloader.PNG

Edited by Michael Spina

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

They have changed the HTML structure of the WOAI package list page, so it was not finding the individual links any more. I have updated it:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/WorldOfAiDownloader.exe

I no longer use WoAI so I didn't notice when it changed. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Like 1

Michael Spina
Posted
Posted

Thanks so much for the quick reply and fix, Ross. Unfortunately, using the link provided for the updated downloader, I am having the same issue. 

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Michael Spina said:

Thanks so much for the quick reply and fix, Ross. Unfortunately, using the link provided for the updated downloader, I am having the same issue. 

Out of curiosity, what are you using the World of AI stuff for? Maybe www.flai.app can help? 

Edited by Evan Reiter

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager