You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model matching problems...

Orr Dahan 1332926

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

So I always get these kind of error's like a million times on vPilot : SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft BAW2540 using model "B734 MYPAINT06". This usually means you have vPilot configured wrong! Specifically, it means that you have downloaded model matching rule sets without having the actual AI models installed in your flight simulator! Read the vPilot model matching docomeentation for details. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

So I saw this YT video that I thought might help, I downloaded 640 liveries from WOAI (World of AI) and when I went on vPilot to match vPilot and the extra WOAI liveries they just don't show up and my problem is not fixed and I can't see like 70% of the planes.

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You mentioned that you downloaded the WOAI liveries, but you didn't mention if you downloaded the WOAI installer and actually installed the liveries. Did you?

If so, did you verify that your WOAI location is included in the [Main] SimObjectPaths of your fsx.cfg file?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

I got all the liveries from the WOAI installer and downloader I made sure that on the installer the path was E:/Steam/Steamapps/common/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes but I didn't get the fsx.cfg part

P1 Pilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The "B734 MYPAINT06" model is from the MyTraffic model set. Did you remove that set from the downloaded list of rules? (Since I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you don't actually have MyTraffic installed in FSX.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

it was an example I get many of those.

P1 Pilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The question still stands ... did you remove MyTraffic from the list of downloaded rule sets?

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

how do I do that?

P1 Pilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Click on it and press the "Remove" button.

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Where do I press delete? On what window?

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Never mind

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

now its from WOAI

Failed to create test aircraft with model "WoA_AIM_ERJ145_SLI-Aeromexico Connect" from rule set "World of AI - Aeromexico Connect (SLI).vmr"

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

I have all of the liveries installed but I can't see them on vPilot

P1 Pilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you're getting that error, then you do not have that livery installed.

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

I do but it is not linked to vPilot and that's what I'm trying to figure out, how to link the WOAI liveries to vPilot.

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The "link" that I think you are talking about is that vPilot compares the model matching rule sets that you have made active to the AI locations in your fsx.cfg file. Your AI installer will either automagically update your fsx.cfg file, or you will have to update it manually, depending on the "goodness"/efficiency/simplicity of the AI installer. It's been years since I used the WOAI installer, so I don't remember if I had to make any manual adjustments or not.

You say that you have installed the aircraft properly into your sim. But your results indicate otherwise. So now my question still stands.....

...did you verify that your WOAI location is included in the [Main] SimObjectPaths of your fsx.cfg file?

Please post the contents of your [Main] section of your fsx.cfg file.

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you installed your WOAI aircraft in a separate subfolder (recommended) (e.g. G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\WOAI\), the subset of the [Main] section dealing with where your AI reside might look something like this:

[Main]
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\WOAI

Note that SimObjectPaths.6 points to my folder where I keep all my WOAI aircraft.

What does yours look like?

Next, in your example, you have shown that the model matching ruleset that you installed was looking for WoA_AIM_ERJ145_SLI-Aeromexico Connect. But FSX could not find that aircraft installed properly in the sim. That is usually due to the fact that your fsx.cfg [Main] SimObjectPaths are not set up properly, or that you have not installed that exact AI aircraft into your sim.

After you verify your fsx.cfg [Main] section, if it looks like it was set up correctly, we'll go looking for WoA_AIM_ERJ145_SLI-Aeromexico Connect.

Don Desfosse

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Ok I think that may just work but I just deleted all the WOAI files and I'm trying to reinstall it but on the WOAI installer I get this error message saying (for example) : WoA_(somthing) not found!

2 notes:

1. I wrote the (something)

2. yes I did select all the liveries that the downloader has provided me with.

P1 Pilot

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

If the WOAI installer thinks that you have the WOAI downloads installed, it will complain, even if you have deleted the files.

In order to fix this:

1. Open the WOAI installer

2. Go to "Expert" mode

3. Click "delete all airlines" (or something similar)

Then close the installer and try the installation again.

Sidenote: I've been trying to convince WOAI to either create a better installer, update this installer for P3D/FSX:SE, or allow us to post a separate installation .exe with ALL WOAI repaints online. However, I haven't had much success.

http://www.world-of-ai.com/forum/index.php?topic=10347.msg58010

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Okay, now its installing the liveries I'll get back to you guys with an answer. Thanks

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Okay I got a new error (Of course) that says Unhandled exception has occurred etc... I read a bit and I found that this error is quite common and at most cases the solution was to run the installer as administrator. I did that but it did not work and then I tried to change compatibility pack to Windows XP service pack 2&3 but both did not work. any more solutions?

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

Ok a friend bought me Prepar3d yesterday does any one know where I can get the model matching liveries for Prepar3d?

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Liveries or ruleset? Liveries are already in the program. Rule set already exists as an Available Rule Set in vPilot.

Don Desfosse

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

I guess ruleset

P1 Pilot

Orr Dahan 1332926
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for alot of rulesets BTW

(I mean like all famous company rulesets like El al)

P1 Pilot

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

As explained very clearly in the docomeentation as well as the FAQ, only configure rulesets for AI that you actually have installed in the sim. Otherwise, you've essentially told vPilot to go find an AI aircraft that you don't have, which will result in an error.

Also, the community recommends you use vmrgenerator to create a custom ruleset for only the AI you have installed.

Don Desfosse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I think you are confusing liveries and rulesets.

Liveries are the paints that appear on AI aircraft.

Rulesets are the instructions that tell vPilot where to find your AI.

I'm going to copy your post from the separate thread (PLEASE DO NOT make separate threads for the same issue!).

Ok so I posted a previous post and I really need more specific answers, so I want most of the model matching liveries for P3D and I don't like the default WOAI liveries that come with vPilot. So they told me to add custom rulesets using VMRgenerator, now I didn't get what is this VMRgenerator (I know that VMR is the file type name like .zip) but I don't know how to use it. HELP!

There are no liveries that come with vPilot. For liveries, you need AI (artificial intelligence aircraft). Examples of these include WoAI, MyTraffic, etc. You have to find freeware ones or buy payware ones. Then you need to install them in your simulator. Then you can tell vPilot which ones you have installed by selecting the model matching rulesets and making those active in vPilot (and picking the order of precedence).

For more info on VMRgenerator, read the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide and/or the dozens of posts in the vPilot forum that describes VMRgenerator and how to use it, and/or try this: http://bfy.tw/21D6

Don Desfosse