You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A solution for TGIF...

John Speranza 908835

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

And that's on a good day ...

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
It's pretty sad really... He sits there in bed with a laptop, coding VRC, and will suddenly, out of the blue, start screaming: "NO! NO! NO! I said ILS 4 right, NOT 22 Left... get it right!!! Make the voices stop!!!!!! "

You're just jealous that they don't talk to you....

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Dane Latham 904666
Posted
Posted (edited)
i doubt it....seeing as AVA has removed themselves from it, and I'd bet that the others will withdraw

I doubt it As posted on the TGIF homepage...

This weeks TGIF is cancelled. Don't worry, TGIF isn't going any where. We are just taking a week off to enjoy some fun in the sun while we fly props down in the beautiful caribbean. The flight details for this will be posted by mid week.

Frontier Virtual and UPSVAC are still on the partners page...

Believe that stuff if you want to.

While the statement that we pulled out of TGIF is true, I can't say anymore then that at this time, 'cause I'm no longer the Events Mgr., at AvA., & certainly not in the know as far as Events go. As well, I don't intend to step on anybody's toes, or talk out of turn here but,..............suffice it to say, only the Shadow knows!

Unfortunately that's all I can say about this, & some would probably say that was too much. As it is, I'm prolly gonna have some 'splainin to do.

Edited by Guest

1141956749_Capt._Amazingus-1.jpg

Capt. Pilotus Amazingus -Superhero to the aviation m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es.

307.png

Dane Latham 904666
Posted
Posted

BTW Dan, long time, no hear! How have you been?

1141956749_Capt._Amazingus-1.jpg

Capt. Pilotus Amazingus -Superhero to the aviation m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es.

307.png

Donno Cole 813628
Posted
Posted
Believe that stuff if you want to.

While the statement that we pulled out of TGIF is true, I can't say anymore then that at this time, 'cause I'm no longer the Events Mgr., at AvA., & certainly not in the know as far as Events go. As well, I don't intend to step on anybody's toes, or talk out of turn here but,..............suffice it to say, only the Shadow knows!

Unfortunately that's all I can say about this, & some would probably say that was too much. As it is, I'm prolly gonna have some 'splainin to do.

Good lord! Are we talking about the locations of secret military installations across the globe? Perhaps the type of undies good ole Gerogie has in his drawer at the White House? Or maybe it's even worse...the secret recipe to the colonels chicken? While a great event, fun and full of laughs...it's not a national security issue! TGIF is taking a week off whatever the reasons. All this talk is making my head hurt (and that damn fur'less llama!)!

TGIF is a VCA -created - sponsored -organized event. It will continue to be so. This is our by-week as a small protest to what some of us feel was an injustice. Don't read more into it than is there. You've all see those ridiculous emails asking people not to buy gas on a particular day to "hurt" the oil companies for making so much money? Well, this is our one day protest. Friday the 14th will be back, big, strong, and in full swing with TGIF into New York!!

Donno Cole

ZSE C1

COA664

Michael Jackson 810770
Posted
Posted

Donno, You nailed it on the head

You've all see those ridiculous emails

ridiculous being the key word.

There appears to be some issues that need to be resolved between VCA and VATUSA Staff memeber(s). If VCA feels there is an injustice done, then by all means they should have the right to be heard (through proper channels) and hopefully a resoltution/compromise would/could be reached.

However, to CANX an event that an ARTCC has been spending numerous hours preparing for to provide the best service available to "hurt" 'the oil company' is nothing else but lame (in this environment). You are not hurting the 'oil company'. You are hurting the individuals within the ARTCCs that are, 1. Looking forward to these events, and, 2. Working hard to prepare for them. As many know, there is a lot of hard work behind the scenes on both sides to pull an event off. Both on the VA and ARTCC side. I have done both of them. I commend anyone that takes that responsibility on. It takes a special person(s) to pull it off.

Now, here is what got my attention in this string

Well, this is our one day protest. Friday the 14th will be back, big, strong, and in full swing with TGIF into New York!!

So, we are to understand, that VCA is willing to slap the individuals in the face who have been preparing for this event (and looking forward to it) and just move on to NYC next week in order to what(?), get managements attention. Almosts sounds like the 'Realworld'. However, in the realworld, you stop providing service, it will not be long before another carrier will be in there.

As a prior Center Chief (ATM), if my ARTCC had the next TGIF (4/14) and this protest took place, I would have to take 'strong' consideration into how much effort the staff would put forth to prepare. I'm not going to put in many hours of preparation when there could always be the possibility of a protest. Maybe not even staff

Contollers need pilots and vice versa. All I would ask is, don't make the 'folks in the trenches' (pilots/controllers alike) pay for management disputes like they do in the real world. This is suppose to be our 'break' from the realworld.

r/Mike Jackson

Donno Cole 813628
Posted
Posted

I can certainly understand and appreciate all the points you've made Michael, and I may even agree with a couple of them.

The system is what it is however. I cannot and would not try to speak for Lance, but look at the attention this has drawn to an issue he felt very p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ionate about? Right, wrong or indifferent people have a need to be heard, and for whatever reason Lance did not feel as if his concerns were being addressed in a way that was fair and equitable. In much the same way people in the real world will do something (or NOT do something) to draw attention to a cause...Lance cancelled TGIF for this week and now people are asking questions. I don't endorse or admonish that decision, nor do I judge him for making it because I wasn't in his shoes at the time so I can’t make that call.

I think Lance would be the first to agree it sucks for the Chicago ARTCC and I'm willing to bet he's already contacted their chief with an apology and explanation. The level of attention and focus this whole TGIF topic has received just goes to show that VCA and it's eventual partners in TGIF have created an amazing event that pushes the limits of resources both technical and biological and people love it!

To my knowledge this is the first time since it's inception that TGIF has been cancelled. People have every right to be upset, disappointed, and to a degree angry if they choose. TGIF will be back next week, we'll be flying to New York and people can decide for themselves what they will or won't do next Friday night.

Donno Cole

ZSE C1

COA664

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Just for a bit of clarification on the subject. VCA cancelled the event this week for their pilots. Other VA's are not bound by this decision and will be continuing with the commitments that were made and I think you'll find that there will be a very strong turn out in Chicago.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted
TGIF will return when Jeff either comes back to reality or someone replaces him.

VCA apologizes for this inconvenience, but it's time to just say no to Jeff Turner!

(http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=8657)

Has Jeff come back to reality in VCA's opinion? Because like Donno said, TGIF will be in New York next week, and it looks like Jeff Turner is still VATUSA1.

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Donno Cole 813628
Posted
Posted
TGIF will return when Jeff either comes back to reality or someone replaces him.

VCA apologizes for this inconvenience, but it's time to just say no to Jeff Turner!

Has Jeff come back to reality in VCA's opinion? Because like Donno said, TGIF will be in New York next week, and it looks like Jeff Turner is still VATUSA1.

I think we can all see that Lance posted in anger and that is obviously not the case. But thanks for stirring that pot, we didn't want the stuff to burn at the bottom.

Donno Cole

ZSE C1

COA664

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

I think we can all see that Lance posted in anger and that is obviously not the case. But thanks for stirring that pot, we didn't want the stuff to burn at the bottom.

No problem Donno, just taking over from where you left off

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines