VATSIM Connexion 2017 - discussion

• Board of Governors

Dear all,

Please see the announcement here. Please feel free to use this thread to offer your thoughts.

I'll certainly be attending.

logomedium.png

UPDATE 23RD APRIL

Aerosoft discount for attendees, new programme items, ticket sales deadline and Saturday night BBQ

UPDATE 12Th APRIL 2017

An update on hotel recommendations, ticket sale timelines & feedback requested.

UPDATE 5TH APRIL: some programme highlights have been published and tickets are still available to book. Be sure to read the schedule announcement here and book your tickets here.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
President
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please pick a weekend where the London Underground or National Railway workers are not on strike for those of us that are arriving and departing via Heathrow.

Ed

ZAB_FE

VATSIM-UK Visiting Controller

Have they set a date to strike in 2017?

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Please pick a weekend where the London Underground or National Railway workers are not on strike for those of us that are arriving and departing via Heathrow.

Ed

ZAB_FE

VATSIM-UK Visiting Controller

Have they set a date to strike in 2017?

Who wouldn't be surprised if they had?

I'll try everything to be there. After missing Vienna, this is truly not the time to miss!

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor
VATSIM Membership Manager, Asia/Pacific Region

spacer.png

Will be there! Is there a newsletter that one can subscribe in in order to not miss any crucial updates?

London...I can smell a curry

We will put in place ways you can keep up to date and ways to make things more visible as the planning progresses.

Can we have an undertaking from the Executive Committee to a release date of swift at the event?

The Executive Committee is comprised of the Region Directors of VATSIM and broadly speaking are responsible for developing policy of region and local operations. This does not include network infrastructure/development. So... you could ask...

• Board of Governors

Obviously specifics are unavailable for this event at this time, but I am curious, in general terms... Is London an expensive city to visit in terms of accommodation, meals, etc...?

Tim Barber

Vice President, Supervisors

VATSIM Board of Governors

Obviously specifics are unavailable for this event at this time, but I am curious, in general terms... Is London an expensive city to visit in terms of accommodation, meals, etc...?

It might vary in terms of where you're from, but from my reference (being Swedish which is fairly expensive) yes London is quite expensive.

That said it is also m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive, and there are budget options available (sometimes so budget they're better avoided but good budget options do exist). Also for europeans there are so many flight options there should be no issue finding a decent price ticket, and even from the US and asia there are loads of airlines operating into London so hopefully everyone should be able to find good tickets.

My guess is that for most the hotel accomodation will be the most expensive, not outrageous probably, but it is a major city and in my opinion it is above average in terms of cost.

I'm sure some of the Londoners we have can fill in more info.

If I can make it I'd love to come down for this, as always though it depends so much on timing with my shifts, but fingers crossed!

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia