You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Connexion 2017 - discussion

Gunnar Lindahl

James Yuen 1258430
Posted
Posted

This one's right on my doorstep so that's great! No hotels/air fares etc.

London can be expensive, but not necessarily. Good luck to those coming from far away and I hope TFL doesn't pull a quick one on you!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gunnar Lindahl

• Andreas Fuchs

• Daniel Gomes

• Martin Tornberg

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gunnar Lindahl

Gunnar Lindahl 23 posts

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 13 posts

• Daniel Gomes

Daniel Gomes 5 posts

• Martin Tornberg

Martin Tornberg 4 posts

Popular Days

• Mar 1 2016

9 posts

• Nov 11 2016

9 posts

• Apr 28 2017

7 posts

• Feb 29 2016

6 posts

Aur Bogdan Dragos 1083941
Posted
Posted
scaaaaary....

will be there.

Flo

I will be there !

1270930 gdpr removed
Posted
Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Damon Hemstrom Burton

Richard McDonald Woods
Posted
Posted

Somewhere in west or south-west London that's near a tube station would be convenient for those arriving via EGLL and/or wishing to go into central London. Even a Heathrow hotel should be considered.

Cheers, Richard

You are the music, until the music stops. T.S.Eliot

1270930 gdpr removed
Posted
Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Damon Hemstrom Burton

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I have stayed at the Renaissance Heathrow Hotel a number of times, that would be a great location for the Convention. It has a big conference room, it is right next too Rwy 09L/27R at Heathrow, so also a great location for some plane spotting. They even offer a plane spotters package special during the week, which gets you a room facing Heathrow airport, with some great views of the airport.

Richard Wood 1213723
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm a new member so this would be fantastic. However please also make sure that the venue and any other facilities offered (hotels, transport etc) are fully wheelchair user friendly.

Thanks

Richard

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted
Hi, I'm a new member so this would be fantastic. However please also make sure that the venue and any other facilities offered (hotels, transport etc) are fully wheelchair user friendly.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard

You will find that most if not all hotels and transport in and around the London area are wheelchair friendly. It is pretty much a requirement now in the UK that hotels etc facilitate wheelchair users

Aaron Osher
Posted
Posted

I'm a London local. I cannot wait, most certainly on my Summer Agenda.

Aaron Osher

vZAU Webmaster

https://www.zauartcc.org

39.png

• 2 months later...
Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted
I'm a London local. I cannot wait, most certainly on my Summer Agenda.

Yeah, it's on so many people's agenda, unless you take the tube or bus, you'll get stuck in traffic .

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

• 1 month later...
Jere Aarnia 858007
Posted
Posted

Hey any news from when it will be held W14 was sucsess. can't wait Lima17 in MAY perhaps? day days and more days?

34.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

We hope to have more news very soon.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• 3 months later...
  • Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Mark-Julius Pikat
Posted
Posted

Nice to hear that the dates are finally set! However, the price for 2-day conference really upsets me.

I am still planning to come though

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org
Head of VATEUD Examining Program mark-julius.pikat [at] vateud.net

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Dam, I fly out the previous weekend.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Should have waited booking holidays before getting the final date!

I have booked off-days for the weekend now. 99 GBP is not thaaaaaaat bad for a 2-day event in the UK.

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

It would have made more sense to have the venue near or next to one of the main airports around London for example Heathrow seeing Vatsim is about aviation.

Edward Sterling
Posted
Posted

Well, darn the luck, my cruise in France ends 7/22/17 and the convention is one week later. I do not suppose there is any chance that VATSIM will move the convention one week earlier; No, I didn't really think so.

So is there anyone, like a VATSIM person who runs an AIRBNB house could put up an older couple for a very small amount of Pounds for a week so we could attend. I may even be able to talk my wife to go home early and it would be only me. I would be willing to do laundry or yard work to stay, rather than fly back to London five days later.

Anyone with a heart would help me; I am so pitiful.

Ed Sterling

ZAB_FE

VATSIM_UK Northern Visitor.

Ed Sterling

ZAB C3/G-EDCS

Joel Richters
Posted
Posted

I am absolutely excited. I will be in England on Holidays at this exact time... So I am looking forward to the convention!

Joel Richters

Martin Tornberg
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to this!

99 GBP sounds reasonable since this is London area. I believe it's expensive wherever you are located.

See you in London!

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted
Well, darn the luck, my cruise in France ends 7/22/17 and the convention is one week later. I do not suppose there is any chance that VATSIM will move the convention one week earlier; No, I didn't really think so.

So is there anyone, like a VATSIM person who runs an AIRBNB house could put up an older couple for a very small amount of Pounds for a week so we could attend. I may even be able to talk my wife to go home early and it would be only me. I would be willing to do laundry or yard work to stay, rather than fly back to London five days later.

Anyone with a heart would help me; I am so pitiful.

Ed Sterling

ZAB_FE

VATSIM_UK Northern Visitor.

Ed

See how you get on over at the UK forums - not everybody from the UK reads these ones.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted
It would have made more sense to have the venue near or next to one of the main airports around London for example Heathrow seeing Vatsim is about aviation.

Marcus

This was discounted as it would have significantly increased the ticket price.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

I will be attending the Convention and would be willing to spend some time before and after the convention times answering questions on matters such as places of interest, places to eat & drink and the best way to get around in public transport which is very extensive. Those who have not been to London before, won't regret the experience. Despite any rumours to the contrary people in Britain will go out of their way to make you welcome and ensure your stay is a pleasant one. Of course you may find the odd cockney word or expression here and there that you don't understand, but fear not, someone is likely to be around to translate it for you!

Personally I am looking forward to puting a face and press the flesh of a few people I have encountered online in the Vatsim network and of course attend my first Vatsim Convention in all the years since I joined Vatsim.

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

As a first time visitor to London, I am more than happy for it to be downtown.

Tim Barber

VATSIM President