You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Connexion 2017 - discussion

Gunnar Lindahl

Atthar Ahmadi 1014334
Posted
Posted
Hi Atthar,

Where are you visiting from? It may be best to ensure that you can get a tourist visa for the UK and then book the tickets, however that is just a personal suggestion from myself.

This UK website regarding standard tourist visa's may be of [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance. https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

Cheers!

Rahul

Hi Rahul, Thank you for your reply. I'm from Iran and I know UK government is a bit strict on visas for Iranians and probably it would be impossible to get a visa from my country without a kind of invitation from the event. But I hope I can solve this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gunnar Lindahl

• Andreas Fuchs

• Daniel Gomes

• Martin Tornberg

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gunnar Lindahl

Gunnar Lindahl 23 posts

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 13 posts

• Daniel Gomes

Daniel Gomes 5 posts

• Martin Tornberg

Martin Tornberg 4 posts

Popular Days

• Mar 1 2016

9 posts

• Nov 11 2016

9 posts

• Apr 28 2017

7 posts

• Feb 29 2016

6 posts

Martin Tornberg
Posted
Posted

Booked, see you there!

• 2 weeks later...
Konstantin Pribytkov 97849
Posted
Posted

Hi

I plan to visit this event. How to receive the invitation for receipt of a visa to Great Britain?

• 3 weeks later...
Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

Still nothing for sure, but it looks like i might make it... do we get a "repeaters" badge?

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Ben Hunwicks
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

For those of you enquiring about visas for the UK, I'm not aware of any country that requires a formal invitation for the event if you are applying for a tourist visa, also known as a "Standard Visit Visa". An invitation might be needed if you were getting a Business Visa or coming to talk at a conference, but for our Vatsim event a normal tousit visa is ok and therefore no invitation from us is needed. During the application process for your visa you can explain the event you are coming to the UK for, and provide information from the website etc.

If you are planning to come to the event but will need to apply for a visa (this can only be done 3 months before at the earliest), please do email us at [email protected] to let us know, and also if you need any help and we will see what we can do.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

When will we know how we can book separate tickets for the banquet on Saturday night? Not all family members would like to attend the full conference, but just the banquet with all the food, booze and strippers!

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

Some information on content now available here:

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted
Any information regarding my request?

Andreas,

A good question, once we have confirmed the venue for the dinner we will be sure to let you know the mechanism for doing this.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

logomedium.png

We are pleased to release some early details of the programme for VATSIM Connexion 2017.

Read the full announcement here.

Be sure to visit the VATSIM Connexion website to book your ticket.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
Any information regarding my request?

Andreas,

A good question, once we have confirmed the venue for the dinner we will be sure to let you know the mechanism for doing this.

Thanks, I will be standing further by then. Just wanted to make sure I did not miss out on such details.

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Hotel ideas to come very shortly...

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

An update on hotel recommendations, ticket sale timelines & seeking feedback from attendees

Dear all,

A few important updates below. A reminder that you can find out all the information for the event here.

Hotel recommendations published

The event organizers are pleased to present a short docomeent with recommendations for those looking to stay in the vicinity of the venue during Connexion 2017. There are a range of options to suit your budget and we will do our best to answer queries in the discussion thread here.

Ticket sales scheduled to close at end of April

Tickets are currently available for sale via our website (connexion.vatsim.net). There are a limited number of tickets available and while we endeavor to sell tickets as long as possible, we anticipate that ticket sales will close at the end of April. It may be possible to offer late tickets after ticket sales have closed but these are likely to be at an increased price and will be limited in availability.

To avoid disappointment be sure to book your ticket now!

Feedback wanted

In addition to the confirmed content posted on the website, we’re also keen to hear from you, the members and attendees of the convention. We have a few slots available for you to help us to fill. If you have ideas about which talks, workshops or panels you would like to see at the upcoming event please let us know. This can include individuals, companies, organisations or just a topic you would like to learn about. You do not need to have anything more than an idea, just let us know and we will do the rest! Of course, if you’re interested in presenting something, we would also be happy to hear from proposals at this stage.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Dear all,

A new announcement has been posted here!

Highlights:-

- 20% Aerosoft discount code for all Connexion 2017 attendees

- Ticket sales close May 8th

- Saturday night BBQ details

- More programme items announced (detail here!)

Has anyone booked their hotel yet? I'll be booking mine tomorrow.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear All

We will be holding a question and answer session on the UK Team Speak server on Sunday (30/04/2017) evening starting at 19:00z (8pm UK local, 9pm in CEST and 3pm EST).

This is an opportunity to speak with representatives from the the Connexion planning team to find out more about the event.

You can find out how to join the UK Team Speak server here: https://vatsim.uk/tsreg

Please join us if you have questions or comments about the event, we'd be happy to chat with you about these items!

Chris.

Edited by Guest

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted
Sunday (29/04/2017)

29/04/2017 is Saturday.

swift - Developer

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

As previously mentioned, I will be in attendance in London, and I am looking forward to meeting all in attendance. The two days of the conference will be the beginning of a week touring Europe for me, with stops in Belgium, France and Austria. Anyone else making an extended holiday out of it?

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted
Sunday (29/04/2017)

29/04/2017 is Saturday.

Sorry! Fixed that now, it's on Sunday 30th.

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Daniel Gomes
Posted
Posted

Tim,

For me it will be the end of a 10 day period in England. I will be returning to Portugal Monday the 31st July…

Cheers,

Daniel Gomes

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

I've just booked myself into the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury. Not the absolute cheapest option but good transport connections and walking distance to the venue.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Simon Irvine
Posted
Posted

Just booked. There are a few UK staff members going and it would be great to see as many of you there as possible.

If there are a few of you going you may want to consider airbnb to cut down on the cost of staying in London.

Simon Irvine

VP Europe, Middle East and Africa Region

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

I'm also going to be there! It will be great to meet several of you in person.

Just looking throught he programme on the website, I'm looking forward to the "day in the life" ones especially (Eurocontrol/Heathrow). Has everyone seen the updated programme?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Booked into the Clown Plaza "The City": http://www.cplondoncityhotel.co.uk/

You may want to check out IHG's "Best Rate Guarantee" where you get one night for free if you find a better offer on the internet. This works for all properties of IHG, e.g. Holiday Inn. If you wish to pursue this, then check out the exact conditions.

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted
As previously mentioned, I will be in attendance in London, and I am looking forward to meeting all in attendance. The two days of the conference will be the beginning of a week touring Europe for me, with stops in Belgium, France and Austria. Anyone else making an extended holiday out of it?

For me as well. Returning to the Colonies the following Thursday. I had hoped to do Scotland but couldn't make the schedule work. So it will be London for the week, although I'm sure there will be a train ride and a day in Paris.

Ira Robinson