You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Two modest suggestions to improve traffic density

Orest Skrypuch

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

It will generate more traffic than unicom, though!

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted

* Orest

In an unrealistic way.

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

I suggest placing the booking link somewhere that it will catch the attention of the person on the other side of the computer.

It seems that the current spot is a little discreet if you know what I mean.

pilot.gif

3712.png

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

* Orest

In an unrealistic way.

Well, I might suggest that a center position giving clearance to land is unrealistic too but I think we all appreciate it.

Even if it was one person on a mike, covering several nominal areas -- IOW, no need to invent a new kind of high controller, just have multiple areas manned by the same person - that has plenty of real-world parallels, especially at night in low traffic times. Don't know if the new software for controllers makes that any easier.

But, if it isn't going to happen, fair enough.

At least if folks include an "online until xx00z" in their ATIS, that alone would be great.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com

Ethan Klapper 884347
Posted
Posted

I think that VATSIM is a spur of the moment activity for many pilots and controllers. Eurobook would just change that mentality. How would we effectively re-integrate Eurobook? Would a booking be binding?

It's great that ZSE and ZLA integrate their systems with the main one, but I feel that it will only be worthwhile to use Eurobook once every ARTCC in VATUSA uses it. That way, pilots flying transcons can check and see whether or not they will have ATC all the way from ZNY to ZLA.

In my opinion, the right steps have been taken so far, but much more needs to be done before the system can gain widespread acceptance across VATUSA.

EK

Ethan Klapper

VATUSA13

VATUSA Deputy Events Director

Matt Simonet 909140
Posted
Posted

I have to say booking for me would be imposible. It depends on when my mom notice's that I've been on the computer for more then 3 hours's

ATA Virtual Pilot

ZMP C-3 Controller

MSP_CTR