You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSpy - available updates

Christoph Reule 1379750

Patrick Weineis
Posted
Posted

Hy Christoph Reule

It seems you are the Vatspy Data provider

We have at Austria 2 new station, and hopefully you could intigrate it into the System.

LOVV_N_APP -> provide APP service for LOWL and LOWS

LOVV_S_APP -> provide APP service for LOWG and LOWK

Don't know if this is possible

nice regards

Weineis Patrick

Sectorfileprovider Austria

Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted

Just a reminder (quote originally dated from September 15):

Hello all,

as you might have noticed lately a new network viewer utility is now available (Accomeap) which I think has quite good potential. In order to avoid unnecessary "double workload" I decided to stop providing updates for VATSpy. Thanks for your understanding.

Maybe someone else is willing to provide further updates for VATSpy?

• 3 months later...
Alex Portman 1320018
Posted
Posted

Could someone give me the latest update of Vatspy? Because all the links posted here are broken. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted

Question:

What if I find an obvious data error or have any update request (for example a missing airport): who should I contact?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Based on the information published at https://vatspy.vatcar.org , it appears you should send an email to update (at) vatspy.vatcar.org The very next paragraph speaks to an authorized person to update data, but I am guessing that if you submit a request, they will ask an "authorized person" to verify and update the change request.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted
Based on the information published at https://vatspy.vatcar.org , it appears you should send an email to update (at) vatspy.vatcar.org The very next paragraph speaks to an authorized person to update data, but I am guessing that if you submit a request, they will ask an "authorized person" to verify and update the change request.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Craig Tomkins 1075089
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

Are you looking after the Github Pull data? I have submitted some new entries, but i dont think i have done it right. So, i am looking for some help.

Alex Long
Posted
Posted
Hi there,

Are you looking after the Github Pull data? I have submitted some new entries, but i dont think i have done it right. So, i am looking for some help.

Craig...I received your email. The pull request didn't correctly submit, but I'll merge the data from your email.

• 7 months later...
Timm Rehberg
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

Could you update us if there will be a new update with all changed published until now (new airspace, etc.) and for example LTFM included in some time?

Or is there any page where we can find minor updates to included for our vat-spy?

Timm Rehberg 
V1 Simulations | SimAware

A32X_Cockpit.png
MSFS | Prepar3D v5.3 | Intel i9 9900K | ASUS TUF 3090 | ASUS Z390E

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/V1Simulations/
raanyylv.png

Philip McNiel 1282687
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure how to contact VATCAR about this (vatspy.vatcar.org is a broken link now), but I would like the next update to include not only both LTFM and LTBA--since they're both going to be staffed from time to time according to Turkey vACC--but also the LTBB_CTR since it still exists on VATSIM and is frequently staffed. I have sometimes reverted to an older VATSpy update when flying in Turkey so that I can see LTBB_CTR, but that update doesn't have Adria Radar on it. Furthermore, I have been told that ADR_CTR is a true Center, providing top-down coverage, and so it should not be shown to include only "FL245 and above."

So the changes I would like to see include:

-Both LTFM and LTBA included

-LTBB_CTR included, hopefully with LTAA_CTR shown to include the area of LTBB_CTR when LTBB is offline

-ADR_CTR shown as a true Center rather than a Eurocontrol-style position that only covers "above FL245"

I would appreciate it if someone with the ability to contact the people at VATCAR could suggest these edits to them

Alex Long
Posted
Posted
I'm not sure how to contact VATCAR about this (vatspy.vatcar.org is a broken link now), but I would like the next update to include not only both LTFM and LTBA--since they're both going to be staffed from time to time according to Turkey vACC--but also the LTBB_CTR since it still exists on VATSIM and is frequently staffed. I have sometimes reverted to an older VATSpy update when flying in Turkey so that I can see LTBB_CTR, but that update doesn't have Adria Radar on it. Furthermore, I have been told that ADR_CTR is a true Center, providing top-down coverage, and so it should not be shown to include only "FL245 and above."

So the changes I would like to see include:

-Both LTFM and LTBA included

-LTBB_CTR included, hopefully with LTAA_CTR shown to include the area of LTBB_CTR when LTBB is offline

-ADR_CTR shown as a true Center rather than a Eurocontrol-style position that only covers "above FL245"

I would appreciate it if someone with the ability to contact the people at VATCAR could suggest these edits to them

Since I've departed my positions with the Caribbean Division, it appears they no longer have an interest in maintaining this project. I will, however, be resuming the maintenance of this project on my own as it's transferred to a more permanent location. So hang tight, there'll be a new URL to access a website for this project. For now, the repository on GitHub can be accessed here. The master data file can be obtained by clicking here. To get in touch with me related to updates to this file, either send me a PM here for now or a pull request on GitHub.

• 2 weeks later...
Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

I was flying around LDDU Croatia this week and a controller and was in controlled airspace but the controller boundary was not correct in Vatspy. Just wondering if there is an all in one update somewhere of the latest boundary data? Maybe it is included in a new download of Vatspy?

847924.png

Alex Long
Posted
Posted
I was flying around LDDU Croatia this week and a controller and was in controlled airspace but the controller boundary was not correct in Vatspy. Just wondering if there is an all in one update somewhere of the latest boundary data? Maybe it is included in a new download of Vatspy?

Mark, the latest update is in the post right above yours.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Thanks, not sure why I missed that.

847924.png

• 6 months later...
Philip McNiel 1282687
Posted
Posted

Any new news or updates on this topic?

Philip McNiel 1282687
Posted
Posted

Thanks! Has it been updated to reflect the fact that LTBB_CTR still exists (last I checked) in the VATSIM universe, despite having been retired in real life, and the fact that Adria Radar covers top-down instead of just FL245 and up?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

I have no idea, not gonna lie. But if it isn't, please do contact the VACC and ask them to submit a Pull Request with the updates so that everyone can have them!

Me.

Philip McNiel 1282687
Posted
Posted

Which VACC? (Since VATCAR isn't doing it anymore.) And aren't pull requests for people who actually know how to program the differences themselves?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Adria Radar would be VATAdria, for example. Each VACC should submit a PR to the repo linked above to fix their sectors only

Me.

• 2 months later...
Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Request to add this in the next round please.

YCHK|Christmas Creek|-22.354300|119.642600||YORE|0

YANG|West Angelas|-23.135556|118.707222||YORE|0

YCWA|Coondewanna|-22.966700|118.813004||YORE|0

YBRY|Barimunya|-22.673901|119.166000||YORE|0

YSOL|Solomon|-22.255400|117.762700||YORE|0

YFDF|Foretescue Dave Forrest|-22.290754|119.473143||YORE|0

YGIA|Ginbata|-22.581200|120.035530||YORE|0

YBGD|Boolgeeda|-22.540000|117.275000||YORE|0

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

• 4 weeks later...
Pedro Rodrigues 1377186
Posted
Posted

I'm providing a one click install to update the data files.

Check it at https://github.com/pedro2555/vatspy-data-project.

* Download it from https://github.com/pedro2555/vatspy-data-project/releases/download/0.0.2/win-installer.msi

* Close VATSpy

* Double Click the installer

* Open VATSpy

Enjoy!

Alex Long
Posted
Posted
I'm providing a one click install to update the data files.

Check it at https://github.com/pedro2555/vatspy-data-project.

* Download it from https://github.com/pedro2555/vatspy-data-project/releases/download/0.0.2/win-installer.msi

* Close VATSpy

* Double Click the installer

* Open VATSpy

Enjoy!

Just as a note to users, this project is not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with or approved by the VATSpy Data Project or VATSIM. We can't guarantee the accuracy of this data or its currency. We also can't guarantee the safety of the installer for your operating system and that it is free of any malware or anything harmful to your PC. The official maintained project is located at the following URL: https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/vatspy-data-project. We urge all users to continue to utilize this official source of data for maintaining your application, and not outside projects.