You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Directory of FIXs?

Parin Vyas 1372486

Parin Vyas 1372486
Posted
Posted

Is there any directory website that can give me information for FIXs and nearby FIXs to that?

For example my FMC sometimes does not accept a FIX that may be at the end of a NAT and I really want to know if there is a website that can give me nearby FIXs to that Fixture without me having to look through pages and pages of google search data.

Thanks!

• Board of Governors
Nicholas Cavacini
Posted
Posted

Parin, you can't just replace a fix with another close fix. Espicially on a NAT or other non radar environment. The NATs have newer fixes now. I recommend that you update your nav data on your fmc.

Nick
Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM Board of Governors

Contact the Supervisor Team | Could you be a Supervisor?

Vatsim-color-tagline.png.afe5bb8b98897d00926a882be4e2059c.png

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

skyvector itll give you the lat/long if you have to resort to doing it that way

Parin Vyas 1372486
Posted
Posted
Parin, you can't just replace a fix with another close fix. Espicially on a NAT or other non radar environment. The NATs have newer fixes now. I recommend that you update your nav data on your fmc.

I completely understand and I even have the latest AIRAC 1703, however the last time I did a transatlantic flight on of the fixes did not work in my FMC for some reason so I had to resort to reading through Canadian Gander Centre FIX data and then pick a different FIX, which took me a long time and a lot of looking.

Thanks

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
skyvector itll give you the lat/long if you have to resort to doing it that way

Confirmed.

waypoint.jpg

FMS entry (for boeings, leg page only) for "DOLIP"

N5200.32W01159.87

But yea, having the up to date NAVDATA ... installed correctly and working, and the waypoints spelled correctly will be the best way.

Choosing a completely different waypoint can lead to some fun issues if you are leaving procedural into radar airspace... of the "Yellow/Red flashing boxes around callsigns on the radar scope" type.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015