Simulator crash detection

Eric Liu

Aaaand here we go again - Simulator lockup detected. I think SimConnect just stops forwarding data to vPilot, but simulator runs perfectly OK

The result is the same ... if vPilot isn't getting data from the sim, you can't be connected to the network. So in your case, it might be technically incorrect to say the sim has locked up, but vPilot's behavior is correct.

When this happens, if you immediately restart vPilot, does it fix the issue, or do you get the lockup detected message again within a minute or two after restarting vPilot?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Aaaand here we go again - Simulator lockup detected. I think SimConnect just stops forwarding data to vPilot, but simulator runs perfectly OK

The result is the same ... if vPilot isn't getting data from the sim, you can't be connected to the network. So in your case, it might be technically incorrect to say the sim has locked up, but vPilot's behavior is correct.

When this happens, if you immediately restart vPilot, does it fix the issue, or do you get the lockup detected message again within a minute or two after restarting vPilot?

I try to restart vPilot, but it then hangs on 'Attempting simulator connection...'

20.jpg

I try to restart vPilot, but it then hangs on 'Attempting simulator connection...'

Hrm ... definitely seems like SimConnect is locking up. I'm afraid I don't know what might be causing that.

It's very strange because everything was working normal. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling simconnect, etc..

Interesting - AS16 also stopped injecting weather into P3D even though it says 'Prepar3D connected'

20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...