You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

connecting to ATC

James Jacklin

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Well, if ATC can hear you sometimes, but not others, and your blue light is lighting up, it seems like it might be your mic. Try another mic, making sure you calibrate it before using it on the network.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

I’m using a recon 50p from turtle beech

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

I’ve calibrated it and what should the settings me in v pilot in the audio section

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

If you have calibrated it, there is no need to do anything else, until you have tested it.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

Can the signal in your area place a role in. E not being able to talk to ATC all the time and also there is a text message area where you can talk to atc while flying but how do you text with fsx pausing

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

Ok but let’s say you’ve tested it but then you still can’t get hold of ATC all the time.one minute they’ll hear me 100% but then other times they won’t hear me at all

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

How did you test the headset? Did you check your Windows recording settings like I suggested? Which input devices are avaliable in vPilot and which one have you selected? How is your microphone positioned? How are you connected to the Internet - is your PC wired to your router via an Ethernet cable, or via WiFi, if so how far away is the router, what type of connection is it?

Re: FSX pausing: if you look in the general FSX options there is a checkbox titled 'pause on task switch'. Ensure it is unticked.

Vice President, Pilot Training

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

Where can I find windows recording setting ..I’m using direct sound for both audios.im using WiFi which is right next to my device

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

I calibrated my headset and spoke which i then heard myself talking being played back to me

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

Hi guys I’ve tried getting hold of ATV again but they can’t hear me,by chance my microphone could actually be muted how can I unmute it

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Push the mute button on your microphone? Check your Windows settings to see if you can mute your microphone that way? There is not a way to mute your microphone via the vPilot software. Have you tried a different microphone like I suggested 5 days ago to help you troubleshoot? If ATC can hear you one minute, and then they either can't hear you or it's all static, and the blue light is lighting up, it points to a bad microphone. Try another microphone, make sure you select it in settings, calibrate it, and try it out.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

I do not have another microphone and 8 know as a fact that my microphone can be used to speak online

• 3 weeks later...
James Jacklin
Posted
Posted

Hi guys thanks for all the he,p and sorry for such a late reply.Everything is working really well

Thanks so much

Kind Regards

James