You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Website ATCBooking.com finally ready to go!

Shehryar Ansari

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

Hi Shehryar,

Yes, your site should be able to read this data. You will need to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the XML data into whatever your site can read and then display it on your calendar. Let me know if you need a hand.

Cheers,

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I indeed copy-pasted the wrong URL, thanks Andrew for providing the correct link.

This one contains booked ATC stations and you just need to read it out and convert it to your format to display.

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
Sorry, I indeed copy-pasted the wrong URL, thanks Andrew for providing the correct link.

This one contains booked ATC stations and you just need to read it out and convert it to your format to display.

Thanks Gents. We are working on it. Let me know if the website works well for you. At least I am booking on the site...

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted

Just to keep everyone informed.

VATBOOK data and ZLA website booking data is now showing up directly on the calendar of the website.

I just need to get some adjustments done to the display of the data.

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

• 2 weeks later...
Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

A lot of this already exists on vRoute, but I these this as being very practical for requesting ATC for fly-ins & events.

Book marked!

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
A lot of this already exists on vRoute, but I these this as being very practical for requesting ATC for fly-ins & events.

Book marked!

I agree but one calendar on a website is better. Also pilots are enjoying the email feature which informs them of controller booking alert. Unfortuantely it works only for bookings on the website.

I am hoping more pilots begin to view this and more controllers book here to get a lot of pilots and controllers and consequential traffic back up in the air.

Hopefully VATSIM can put this on their website too...

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
Hi Shez,

are you already feeding ATC booking data into the VATBOOK-system? I hope you guys could already work it out.

Not the other way no.

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted
Hopefully you can get this function up and running.

Who is the man to ask if VATSIM can pos this calendar?

Shez

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted
Hopefully you can get this function up and running.

Who is the man to ask if VATSIM can pos this calendar?

Shez

Shoot me an email

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
Hi Shez,

are you already feeding ATC booking data into the VATBOOK-system? I hope you guys could already work it out.

Maybe, hopefully, vatbook can feed data into this site. It'd be nice to have a decent interface to look at. Why should Shez's project do all the feeding to a closed system with a developer that isn't active?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

• Michal Rok is active
  • ATCBooking.com is already polling data from VATBOOK and displaying it
  • now, the only thing missing is ATCBooking.com feeding their own data into VATBOOK. It is pretty simple, as explained previously

Shez, if you guys are not able to feed data into VATBOOK because you have encountered some technical difficulties and need some advice, let me know.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
  • Michal Rok is active
  • ATCBooking.com is already polling data from VATBOOK and displaying it
  • now, the only thing missing is ATCBooking.com feeding their own data into VATBOOK. It is pretty simple, as explained previously

Shez, if you guys are not able to feed data into VATBOOK because you have encountered some technical difficulties and need some advice, let me know.

#1 Michal Rok, CID 814600, is Inactive according to CERT. I question his activity, given that the "API" is so poorly docomeented and using such archaic methods of data entry and "distribution".

#2 Why should ATCBooking be the one doing all the work on a closed system with a developer who isn't involved in the network? I'd say your constant pushing to get ATCBooking consider itself secondary to a system by a person that has left VATSIM long ago to be derogatory to the development of ATCBooking and trying to further the spread of a requested feature (pilots requesting controllers book).

I'd like to see developers with a vested interest in VATSIM running a system like this, if not VATSIM itself... with a preference toward an open source model.

• 1 year later...
Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Hi Shehryar,

Is there any chance of you developing an API to feed bookings into your system? At this moment we (Dutch VACC) use VATBOOK for this purpose, but it seems to be down again.

Hence, I am looking for a more robust alternative. The idea is that a controller books a slot on our system. Then, this system p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es the booking to your system, without any user interference.

Looking forward to your response!

Martijn

Shehryar Ansari
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi Shehryar,

Is there any chance of you developing an API to feed bookings into your system? At this moment we (Dutch VACC) use VATBOOK for this purpose, but it seems to be down again.

Hence, I am looking for a more robust alternative. The idea is that a controller books a slot on our system. Then, this system p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es the booking to your system, without any user interference.

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

This was an open proposal for any Region which wants to use this system but unfortunately I only have one development from my home division at Los Angeles and only because I worked with the web developer there. All ZLA bookings on their website come directly to be displayed on the ATC website. The only weakness is that the subscribed users on ATC do not get an email alert of the ZLA bookings as it was not made on the ATC website.

For my understanding (and the way we did it with ZLA), the API has to be developed by your webmaster and I can ask our web developer to incorporate it in ATC. This will only display data like it does currently with VATBOOK data and ZLA data. It will not go further to send booking alerts which really enhances the usefulness of the ATC website.

If you want the booking and email functionality you would need to provide a structured level of data via the API in coordination with me to ensure the ATC position names match what I have in the database on ATC website. Not difficult but a little more work...

While I...continue to wait for VATSIM to incorporate the website into theirs as they proposed...

Shez

Edited by Guest

Shehryar Ansari

VATSIM Supervisor

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Martijn,

Hi Shehryar,

Martijn

Michal Rok had stopped the VATBOOK-datafeed for a couple of hours, because the way that the new swift pilot-client polled data overloaded it. He has already implemented cached-data and the VATBOOK-datafeed was back within a few hours, already on Sunday. Had you sent an e-mail to Michal? I did and he reacted within a few hours. He is very active and very helpful.

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted
Hi Martijn,
Hi Shehryar' date='

Martijn[/quote']Michal Rok had stopped the VATBOOK-datafeed for a couple of hours, because the way that the new swift pilot-client polled data overloaded it. He has already implemented cached-data and the VATBOOK-datafeed was back within a few hours, already on Sunday. Had you sent an e-mail to Michal? I did and he reacted within a few hours. He is very active and very helpful.

Hi Andreas, I will surely send him a mail next time. Everything seems to be working fine again!

Martijn

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted
Hi Shehryar,

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

This was an open proposal for any Region which wants to use this system but unfortunately I only have one development from my home division at Los Angeles and only because I worked with the web developer there. All ZLA bookings on their website come directly to be displayed on the ATC website. The only weakness is that the subscribed users on ATC do not get an email alert of the ZLA bookings as it was not made on the ATC website.

For my understanding (and the way we did it with ZLA), the API has to be developed by your webmaster and I can ask our web developer to incorporate it in ATC. This will only display data like it does currently with VATBOOK data and ZLA data. It will not go further to send booking alerts which really enhances the usefulness of the ATC website.

If you want the booking functionality you would need to provide a structured level of data via the API in coordination with me to ensure the ATC position names match what I have in the database on ATC website. Not difficult but a little more work...

While I...continue to wait for VATSIM to incorporate the website into theirs as they proposed...

Shez

I probably didn't express myself clearly enough: with 'API' I mean a system like the one that VATBOOK uses. It is really convenient from my perspective. If there is any other way to feed data into your system, I'd like to know more about it.

Martijn

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
Hi Andreas, I will surely send him a mail next time. Everything seems to be working fine again!

Martijn

I also [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that this was an isolated event that can happen to any service. Even pay-services sometimes into technical difficulties.