You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

[30MAR 11z - 23z] Cross the Pond Westbound 2019

Matthew Bartels

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Will there be Departure Airfield Information Briefs available for all the fields? The only one I see on the CTP site is for Oslo...or do I have to go to Facebook for that info?

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randy Tyndall 1087023

• Matthew Cianfarani

• Ryan Geckler

• Prince Johnson

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023 13 posts

• Matthew Cianfarani

Matthew Cianfarani 10 posts

• Ryan Geckler

Ryan Geckler 8 posts

• Prince Johnson

Prince Johnson 6 posts

Popular Days

• Mar 23 2019

35 posts

• Mar 30 2019

23 posts

• Mar 31 2019

7 posts

• Mar 29 2019

7 posts

Marin Yang
Posted
Posted

I have been wondering this one problem: why can't we introduce HF frequencies for OCAs? Most add-on aircraft support HF radio, and I believe its not technically difficult to implement it into the current system. Hopefully the developers of pilot clients will be happy to make an update as well. Using VHF frequencies all the way is simply too unrealistic.

Marin M. Yang - Director of Project Firmament

EoF Global Ops Center: A One-Stop Community for Long-Haul/Oceanic Flight Planning and Dispatch

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted
I have been wondering this one problem: why can't we introduce HF frequencies for OCAs? Most add-on aircraft support HF radio, and I believe its not technically difficult to implement it into the current system. Hopefully the developers of pilot clients will be happy to make an update as well. Using VHF frequencies all the way is simply too unrealistic.

The base sim (at least FSX/P3D) does not support HF; although add-on aircraft may have HF radio boxes, all they are is some digits which change when you spin a knob -- there's absolutely no way of getting that information out of the sim for any useful purpose.

All FSX/P3D (and, importantly, Simconnect) understands is two VHF COM radios at 25 KHz spacing.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
Will there be Departure Airfield Information Briefs available for all the fields? The only one I see on the CTP site is for Oslo...or do I have to go to Facebook for that info?

Randy

We can't put them on the website if we don't receive them, so... to the best of my knowledge we haven't received them.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Fair enough Ryan. I'll just keep checking. I departed out of Dublin in a previous Westbound CTP and remember we received our Oceanic Clearance while still on the ground at EIDW because we were already close to Shanwick airspace. I was just wondering if that was the case again this time. I'll check their website in the meantime.

Was also curious if they would be "simulating" any disruptions caused by the new east-west runway project going on near the northern airport perimeter...probably not.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Randy,

The general rule is that at any airport west of 3W you should request/receive your westbound Oceanic clearance on the ground.

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Thank you Simon, I very much appreciate that.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

Tonis Aal
Posted
Posted

Good Evening Gents!

I have two questions about EDDH.

1) I might have been dreaming but I vaguely remember an ad from Aerosoft stating that there's a discount on Aerosoft Hamburg Professional for CTP yet i've been searching for it and have come up with nothing. I mean at the end of the day there is either the option of Default scenery or you pay the full price but just before hitting the trigger - i wanted to know if there was a discount since i seem to remember something about it in the last few days.

OBSOLETE - Turns out i was a bit daft - it was JustSim Hamburg that was on sale

https://secure.simmarket.com/justsim-hamburg-airport-helmut-schmidt-eddh-fsx-p3d-(en_10969).phtml

2) On CTP site there are no docomeents about any proceedures for EDDH so as to what to expect there. CTP is creeping up already and no official docomeentation to be found. Yes I do have Navigraph charts and common sense but seeing as all the other airports have prepar3d (no pun intended ) a briefing/memo on what to expect - i'd love to see one with data from my booked departure field.

Thank you and carry on!

Tõnis A.

18.png

Vladimir Bykov 1259564
Posted
Posted

Good evening, gentlemen!

Today the booking has displayed it: https://pastenow.ru/55WJH

Do I understand correctly that the flight plan will be displayed later? And what departure time is indicated: should I release the parking brake or take off or connect to VOTSIM?

Thanks for the help!

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
Good evening, gentlemen!

Today the booking has displayed it: https://pastenow.ru/55WJH

Do I understand correctly that the flight plan will be displayed later?

Yes, that's what it says.

And what departure time is indicated: should I release the parking brake or take off or connect to VOTSIM?

Thanks for the help!

Time depicted = takeoff time

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

The routes meeting, which sees representatives from all the participating facilities get together, has just started.

41WaLrM.jpg

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

DqevHRsWsAA38Ut.jpg:large

PLEASE READ THIS IN FULL IF PARTICIPATING WITH OR WITHOUT A SLOT

1. All departure and arrival pilot briefings are now available to view on the CTP website. Simply head to the Pilot Dashboard, select "Airfield Docomeents" and choose the field(s) you need. We recommend printing these off or keeping them to hand. They are essential reading.

2. The translatlantic radio ops checklist is available here.

3. A guide to Oceanic operations has been compiled here.

4. Because of the southerly tracks published, and our unusual mix of fields this year, some tracks have been created to optimize traffic flows out of Europe. NATs K, L, M, N, P and Q are in this category.

5. Tomorrow will be a busy day - significantly busier than any other day of the year on VATSIM. Please be patient with controllers and pilots alike - if you have any issues we will have a number of Supervisors ready to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist - use the .wallop function if you need to summon help.

IF YOU HAVE A SLOT...

Your flight information is now available on the Cross The Pond website and will also be emailed to you overnight. Simply log in and click 'Pilot Dashboard'. On the page containing your callsign, flight level, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned route and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SELCAL, you can select 'Prefile' at the bottom which will redirect you to a pre-populated flight plan (you still need to enter aircraft type etc). If you do not receive a flightplan by 08z in the morning, please post below to let us know.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SLOT...

The available routings for the event have been optimised for minimum 'h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le' before, during and after the Oceanic segment. It is therefore ESSENTIAL that you file the following routings, if you you do not have a slot:

#1 There is one non-event NAT track in use FOR EAST COAST DESTINATIONS:

NAT D: DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN

If you are flying to a WEST COAST DESTINATION (CYVR, KSFO), you should file a routing which includes one of the following NAT tracks:

NAT K: IPTON DCT 66N010W 68N020W 69N030W 70N040W 70N050W DCT ADSAM

NAT L: GUNPA DCT 64N010W 66N020W 67N030W 68N040W 68N050W DCT DARUB

NAT M: RATSU DCT 64N020W 66N030W 67N040W 67N050W DCT DARUB

IMPORTANT: do NOT follow these instructions if you have a slot. See the instructions above. This information is for pilots without a slot ONLY.

#2 Your Flight Plan

If you are flying without a slot, and you are flying one of the field combinations below, you must file this flightplan. If you don't see your combination or are flying to or from a non-event field, you should file a flightplan, utilising NAT Track D (non-event track) above for east coast destinations or K/L/M for west coast destinations. Failing to follow these instructions will delay you significantly and cause more workload for controllers.

EGLL-KBOS

GOGSI N621 SAM L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY EURRO OOSHN5

EGLL-KJFK

GOGSI N621 SAM L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N53D KANNI PLYMM PARCH3

EGLL-CYYZ

GOGSI N621 SAM L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY CAM Q822 GONZZ WOZEE LINNG9

EGLL-KIAD

GOGSI N621 SAM L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N84A BRADD BOS BAF HYPER7

EGKK-KBOS

NOVMA L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY EURRO OOSHN5

EGKK-KJFK

NOVMA L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N53D KANNI PLYMM PARCH3

EGKK-CYYZ

NOVMA L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY CAM Q822 GONZZ WOZEE LINNG9

EGKK-KIAD

NOVMA L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N84A BRADD BOS BAF HYPER7

EIDW-KBOS

OLONO DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY EURRO OOSHN5

EIDW-KJFK

OLONO DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N53D KANNI PLYMM PARCH3

EIDW-CYYZ

OLONO DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY CAM Q822 GONZZ WOZEE LINNG9

EIDW-KIAD

OLONO DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N84A BRADD BOS BAF HYPER7

EHAM-KBOS

IDRID UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY EURRO OOSHN5

EHAM-KJFK

IDRID UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N53D KANNI PLYMM PARCH3

EHAM-CYYZ

IDRID UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY CAM Q822 GONZZ WOZEE LINNG9

EHAM-KIAD

IDRID UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N84A BRADD BOS BAF HYPER7

EDDH-KBOS

WSN UN125 DOBAK DCT VALKO DCT ABNED UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY EURRO OOSHN5

EDDH-KJFK

WSN UN125 DOBAK DCT VALKO DCT ABNED UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N53D KANNI PLYMM PARCH3

EDDH-CYYZ

WSN UN125 DOBAK DCT VALKO DCT ABNED UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N65A TUSKY CAM Q822 GONZZ WOZEE LINNG9

EDDH-KIAD

WSN UN125 DOBAK DCT VALKO DCT ABNED UL980 XAMAN L980 MANGO L620 DAWLY P71 LESLU DCT DINIM 5120N 5030N 4840N 4550N RAFIN N84A BRADD BOS BAF HYPER7

If your departure/arrival field does not have a preferred routing above, please use appropriate flightplanning tools to plan your flight, ensuring that you use NAT D, the non-event track for east coast destinations, or K/L/M for west coast destinations.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PILOTS - OPTIONAL TEXT BASED POSITION REPORT SYSTEM

We are proud to announce a new Text Based position report system available for optional use by pilots participating in the event.

How do I use this system?

- Navigate to https://nattrak.vatsim.net/ and log in using the VATSIM SSO System

- Click on the "Submit Position Report" on the top menu. (You must be connected to the network as a pilot to use this function)

- Before requesting Oceanic Clearance submit an initial position report as shown below

OcyGeqy.png

- When ready to submit the first position report, fill out the position report form once again

uoszrDq.png

Notes:

- Submitted data will be sent to the Oceanic controllers just as if you have sent them a report over voice

- The Oceanic Controller may or may not directly acknowledge the report over frequency

- A M[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive thanks to Alex Long for the hard work on this project!

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Daniel Dietz 1177807
Posted
Posted

Hi folks,

I made a booking, but forgot to change my callsign. Now I received a route with the old callsign. Can I just change it over the prefile function? Or is the slot only available with my selected and now [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned Callsign? I can't change the callsing anymore over the pilot area at CTP.

Old Callsign: ABC1

I would like to change it to: NAX152K

Can you help me?

Best

Daniel

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

Hi Daniel

At some moment we p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] your details downroute to OCA and the controllers at the airports - thus we fix callsigns at that point. So I suggest either choosing a similar callsign to the one booked or informed the DEL controller at the departure field and see if you can use your original slot.

C

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Marek Mysior 1132959
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I have a question regarding [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned FL and SELCAL.

1) Is my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned flight level related to track, or the entire route? Can I make step-climbs, or should I maintain [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned level for the entire flight?

2) Can I change SELCAL code at this moment?

Greetings!

Marek Mysior

Daniel Dietz 1177807
Posted
Posted
Hi Daniel

At some moment we p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] your details downroute to OCA and the controllers at the airports - thus we fix callsigns at that point. So I suggest either choosing a similar callsign to the one booked or informed the DEL controller at the departure field and see if you can use your original slot.

C

Thanks for the quick reply. But it's not possible to change the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned callsign at this moment. Only to inform the delivery and contact with an different callsign, correct?

best

Daniel

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted
Hi Daniel

C

Thanks for the quick reply. But it's not possible to change the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned callsign at this moment. Only to inform the delivery and contact with an different callsign, correct?

best

Daniel

Yes

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

1) Is my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned flight level related to track, or the entire route? Can I make step-climbs, or should I maintain [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned level for the entire flight?

The number one priority in Oceanic operations is to fly your clearance. Whatever you do, you must not change level, speed or route without clearance from ATC.

Your Oceanic clearance will be at a particular flight level and Mach number. If you wish to change level during the crossing then you can request this from ATC but the general advice is don't bank on it. In other words, expect to remain at your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned level for the duration of the crossing. Likewise make sure you are flying the fixed Mach number [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned and not in ECON.

Hope that helps!

Christoph Paulus 975983
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I'm Chris, developer of the free CPDLC/AOC software, which is a CPDLC client for the Hoppie network (and many more features). I waited many years for VATSIM to introduce a text based reporting system. Is there any contact I can get in touch with to implement the new system into my software? Many people are waiting to be able to request their oceanic clearance and file their position reports directly from their (home) cockpit with my software (which is a full simulation of the system used on the A320-A340).

Download page including video tutorials: https://www.dalpi.de/

Best regards,

Chris

Nolan Danziger
Posted
Posted

No preferred routing into KORD? What NAT is preferred? It looks like D but I want to confirm...

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

P/Q

Marek Mysior 1132959
Posted
Posted

The number one priority in Oceanic operations is to fly your clearance. Whatever you do, you must not change level, speed or route without clearance from ATC.

Your Oceanic clearance will be at a particular flight level and Mach number. If you wish to change level during the crossing then you can request this from ATC but the general advice is don't bank on it. In other words, expect to remain at your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned level for the duration of the crossing. Likewise make sure you are flying the fixed Mach number [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned and not in ECON.

Hope that helps!

Thank you Simon for the reply.

Maintaining FL throughout NAT is obvious for me. The question is if I am able to make step climbs outside NAT?

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

Yes, just request them.

Michar Breems 894808
Posted
Posted

On the dedicated ctp.vatsim.net site, there's an incorrect link to the new datalink (of which I am so thrilled to use btw).

Should be nattrak.vatsim.net, without a 'c' in trak.

Good luck to everyone today!