You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Why I Quit Unicom

Mike Freeman

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Unless the voice range can be limited to for example 30-40 miles from an airport It would be a total mess in my opinion.

Then, from what I understand, you should be happy with the implementation.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Daniel Dezulier
Posted
Posted

Hello guys, like in real life where you are supposed to connect airport frequency at 5 min before entering uncontrolled zone around airfield, if people do not communicate as it is asked to do, I propose two options non mutually exclusive which are :

- send a .wallop message indicating what is happening in the specific area where non communicating pilot creates hazardous situation in a busy place, to be asked by a supervisor to read network instructions

- send an 'AIRPROX' message, to staff, like you have to do in real life, indicating what happened and what others had to do to avoid collision. An email to the guys who do not respect the basics rules will ask to do so, we the right to do a mistake but be forbidden to do the same twice.

In a few months there will probably be a little bit less pilots but, with only rookies or veterans who really want to fly on network with the will to increase their skills (you'll ever be a flying student) and to share them with kindness, it'll be an happier network to deal with ..

Daniel

PPL from France