You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connection error

Ahmet Efe YILDIRIM 1004720

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

I was told it should handle Windows 7. After that i basically need a new pc. We will see later today.

nebojsa

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

Andreas I get your point. I truly do. And, I understand that the vast majority (99.9%) are desktop users who have switched from FS9 to P3D and Xplane for the reason of eye candy. But please do not dismiss the countless schools that are still using FS9 because fluidity is what evaluater's are primarily concerned with in signing off on these devices.

1.jpg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Then upgrade from 15-year-old software to 13-year-old software.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike,

I personally do not have a problem with people using FS9. It's a solid product and does its job. With a state of the art computer you can run X-Plane 11 nicely, too.

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
Then upgrade from 15-year-old software to 13-year-old software.

Do you honestly realize just how stupid your reply was? Probably not.

1.jpg

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
Hey Mike,

I personally do not have a problem with people using FS9. It's a solid product and does its job. With a state of the art computer you can run X-Plane 11 nicely, too.

Andreas,

Thank you for your reply. Yes you can, but it is much more difficult when several computers in a motion simulator are dedicated just for the visuals while remainder are running weather, atc, and more demanding devices such as I/O cards.

1.jpg

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Got my pc back with windows 7 installed. Let the installation of FS9 begin.Turned of the Windows UAC .Created a FS9 folder in C and began the install.Smooth install. Third party weather,Fsuipc,Squawkbox,Level-D 767,everything went excellent.

I had a problem withCH yoke it would not install.After some searching and installing a driver for the yoke easy install. Stated up FS9 as administrator everything up and running .Easier installation than i taught but had to do some searching and seeing what other people have done over the last few months.

Question .I have turned off the UAC for the install of FS9 ,do i turn it back on now.I think i read it somewhere that you turn it back on.

nebojsa

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted
Got my pc back with windows 7 installed. Third party weather,Fsuipc,Squawkbox,Level-D 767,everything went excellent.

Glad your OS upgrade went well. When you get around to installing Swift, please let us know how it works with FS9.

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

From what i heard , you won't be able to use swift on fs9.

nebojsa

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

nebojsa

• 3 months later...
Carlos Gomez 1263757
Posted
Posted
Hello again

This problem was SOLVED with Norman's help. Thanks Norman

Canada server IP is working and I'm flying again

Regards

Hi Buddy hoe you do resolve this problem? i have same problem Refuse Conection on SB

thanks for your help.