You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

so whens the date then!!

Darren Elliott 821008

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Download of the public beta can be made here: https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/publicartifacts.php

There are different releases available, I'd always choose the latest BETA, in your case try swiftinstaller-windows-32-0.9.1.908311918.exe. Otherwise you can also try the latest ALPHA, which is swiftinstaller-windows-32-0.9.2.909161111.exe.

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Have been reading up on the SWIFT. Wow looks complicated compared to SB4

NEBOJSA

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is not complicated, but it is not "click&go" either. If you follow the installation instructions, you'll be set.

Edited by Guest

Luke Williams
Posted
Posted (edited)
so it looks like thats the last time I will connect to vatsim!!

Jeez just download the standalone AFV client and run it along side like the old days. Remember Roger Wilco and AVC?

Edited by Guest

Marinos Klouras
Posted
Posted

there was the SB relay once!!

Marinos Klouras

Luke Williams
Posted
Posted
there was the SB relay once!!

Now that is going back!

Daniel Morris 1132365
Posted
Posted

If you're the minority holding back progress you're hurting the community you wish to be part of.

It's not hard, download a new client, ENJOY advances in technology. I bet your phone is newer than your pilot client, and even if it isn't you must accept that to move forward we have to adopt new things....

Join the fun, embrace the change

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Installed SWIFT but wont launch. Missing QWT.DLL file . What is it and where to get it.

nebojsa

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Running Windows 7 Professional and FS9.

nebojsa

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Nebosja,

ok, that's a good basis already. I have forwarded your reported issue to swift's Discord server and the following reply has been posted:

qwt.dll is in the bin directory: swift\swift-0.9.2-64bit\bin

It should come with the installer. If he installs again, he should check if is there, if it then still is not working, he could show up here (at our Discord server) for further support.

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

After checking the SWIFT file it is not there. Will head over to the other site.

nebojsa

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

WOW,i know i registered and posted somewhere, will see what happens.

nebojsa

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

It better bl***y not be! You were one of the people I got into a huge fight with the VATSIM tech and dev teams over to ensure that you could carry on using your existing clients with AFV for at least the rest of the year!

Don't let me down! I want to hear how much you love Audio For VATSIM when you connect on the 14th October... I'll be watching for your name in the login logs

Cheers

Gary

AFV Lead Dev

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

#BlameDarren?

Me.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If people wish to complain that they can't connect their Nokia 2720 flip-phone to a 5G cell network, nothing we say is going to change their minds.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

But the issue is that the developer of this 5G-network has taken the opinion of this Nokia 2720 phone-user on board and lobbied for a temporary solution that will allow this cell phone user to stay online, by using a separate voice-encoder program. And then this cell phone user cries out that he will stop flying online after October 14. I'd call this unthankful or just emotional. Maybe he's got the balls to come here and apologize for his statement.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Bill,

You are indeed right that right now AFV can be used with the likes of FSInn and SB4. Its fantastic that they both get a little longer. At some stage - and every day is a day closer - the ability to do lots more in the pilot client will be a possibility.

Sadly since Joel along with Benjamin and his team are no longer around to update their clients which means the change is inevitable.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Rob Nabieszko
Posted
Posted

I think its wonderful to see so many people pleading with a single user to complete an upgrade and remain a part of this community.

I have to agree that the time for the upgrade is nigh.

But cudos Gary and teaam for trying to accommodate the die hards as long as possible. The sense of community here in VATSIM is a beacon or humanity in this troll filled Internet. Its one of the main reasons I enjoy this community so much.

Thanks to all for making this community so inclusive and welcoming.

Rob

Rob Nabieszko | VATCAN3

Director of Training, VATCAN

[email protected]

18.png