You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

.NET crash PTT

Johan Ramsdal 1462580

David Cross
Posted
Posted

Sorry i meant .NET 4.7.2. Me and most others with newer os' are running 4.8. That's the version which is showing active. I don't have .NET 4.7.2 on my os anywhere. So from what I've read there are several steps to take to safety install an older v of net framework. I'm not comfortable enough to do these steps yet. It's not as simple as using windows update. But if the error continues i guess I'll make a backup of my os drive and try to go through all the steps to manually add an older version.

Dave.

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

All just to clear up any confusion!

.NET 4.8 contains all that is required to run a .NET 4.7.2 application.

Firstly... Update to the latest xpilot release Justin pushed last night and try that.

If not can you type winver in to your search bar and tell me the exact version of windows it reports? Also it would be good to know if the same problem happens on the standalone client.

Sorry I have lost a bit of track as to whats being reported where so any repsonses can you do me a favour?

Client You are Using:

Error Message:

Windows Version:

Thanks

Gary

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gary!

Will try what you suggest and get back with the information you need should the issue persist.

Richard Åsberg

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Gents,

Have a quick look at this thread too. John posted an interesting update that fixed it for him

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=79765&p=537859

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Made a rather long flight tonight going from Rome to Oslo.

Everything was working really good with zero issues. Which goes for the .NET issue as well. No problems on tonight's flight.

This was true until I was over Denmark and was fully busy starting to plan for the descent. Then all of a sudden...booommm...X-Plane crashed to the desktop

Checking the Windows Event Viewer Application log, xPilot was the faulting module. This is the detailed message from the application log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2019-10-18 19:55:10
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic
User:          N/A
Computer:      TheNest
Description:
Faulting application name: X-Plane.exe, version: 11.0.36.11, time stamp: 0x5d67f5ed
Faulting module name: xPilot.xpl, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5da9c621
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000007d052
Faulting process id: 0x3ae0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d585c75a7e31da
Faulting application path: F:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe
Faulting module path: F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\win_x64\xPilot.xpl
Report Id: fec869b1-8c84-418f-9e11-f85038d475c2
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
 <System>
   <Provider Name="Application Error" />
   <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
   <Level>2</Level>
   <Task>100</Task>
   <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-18T17:55:10.275184700Z" />
   <EventRecordID>17845</EventRecordID>
   <Channel>Application</Channel>
   <Computer>TheNest</Computer>
   <Security />
 </System>
 <EventData>
   <Data>X-Plane.exe</Data>
   <Data>11.0.36.11</Data>
   <Data>5d67f5ed</Data>
   <Data>xPilot.xpl</Data>
   <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
   <Data>5da9c621</Data>
   <Data>c0000005</Data>
   <Data>000000000007d052</Data>
   <Data>3ae0</Data>
   <Data>01d585c75a7e31da</Data>
   <Data>F:\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe</Data>
   <Data>F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\win_x64\xPilot.xpl</Data>
   <Data>fec869b1-8c84-418f-9e11-f85038d475c2</Data>
   <Data>
   </Data>
   <Data>
   </Data>
 </EventData>
</Event>

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Here's the last part of X-Plane log.txt:

XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (FDX184)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (KLM0040)
XPILOT: Started async loading (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Airbus/A319/A319_AEE.obj)
XPILOT: Async loading succeeded (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Airbus/A319/A319_AEE.obj)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (AEE573)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (SAS611)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (RYR23L)
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

Client: xPilot 1.1.0.5

Error message: See above

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

This is quite bad and certainly not the kind of thing I want to experience too often...a 3+ hours flight down the drain close to the destination. Maybe I'll go back to swift for the time being since I don't really have time for these kind of issues.

Richard Åsberg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Here's the last part of X-Plane log.txt:

XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (FDX184)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (KLM0040)
XPILOT: Started async loading (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Airbus/A319/A319_AEE.obj)
XPILOT: Async loading succeeded (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BB_Airbus/A319/A319_AEE.obj)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (AEE573)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (SAS611)
XPILOT: Plane fully loaded (RYR23L)
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

Client: xPilot 1.1.0.5

Error message: See above

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

This is quite bad and certainly not the kind of thing I want to experience too often...a 3+ hours flight down the drain close to the destination. Maybe I'll go back to swift for the time being since I don't really have time for these kind of issues.

Please remember xPilot is still beta software. These types exceptions are to be expected.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

David Cross
Posted
Posted

Upon request. The Net_Framework errors I have been getting have been with OS build 18362.418. And thank you for clearing up that Net_Framework v4.8 will be good enough for what is required of xPilot. I just updated the Program ( xPilot ) and will give it a go again tonight. I might add that I really appreciate the DEV's and other volunteers who are working on this Beta release.

Even with issues, it's still better than what I was using. SQB.

Dave.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Please remember xPilot is still beta software. These types exceptions are to be expected.

Absolutely!

And sorry if I sounded ungrateful. I always find it amazing how people such as yourself spend their free time developing stuff for free for the comunity!

I'm sure xPilot will be an awesome client once you guys have a chance to address the current issues.

Richard Åsberg

David Cross
Posted
Posted

" latest xpilot release Justin pushed last night " 1105

okay this update did fix the Net_Framework error I've been getting, but now trying to transmit is impossible... 

The Run program as Admin does nothing now. It had fixed it. But now even though I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a button, Its like the Yoke is causing "white noise" and is preventing me from TX. I tried re-installing and again setting all to admin. When using the 

Eclipse CH Yoke i keep getting button 25 popping up. I can overwrite it and force it to grab a button on another controller, or the yoke and or a key on the keyboard and i still cant TX. The light will not light up, showing trans nor does anyone hear me. 

So I'm kind of dead in the water with this . Just reporting it as a bug. Not complaining. Okay well maybe a little lol. But let me know if there are any files you may need to help with the compadability issue with the Eclipse CH Yoke.

Thank you.

Dave.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I had an issue getting my push-to-talk to work tonight as well. Re-[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned LCTRL, tried it, no joy. Re-[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned yoke button, tried it, no joy. Closed and re-opened xPilot and it worked again.

Also had X-Plane CTD (xPilot remained running, however) -- first CTD with X-Plane in over a year. So I suspect xPilot may be involved, but, have no proof of that. Posted logs to another thread.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
Also had X-Plane CTD (xPilot remained running, however) -- first CTD with X-Plane in over a year. So I suspect xPilot may be involved, but, have no proof of that. Posted logs to another thread.

Did you check the Windows Event Viewer Application log?

Richard Åsberg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

No, and good suggestion. But there have now been plenty of other reports with CTDs of X-Plane with xPilot 1.1.0.5 that my confidence in the diagnosis is high. I'm sure Justin will track it down in short order.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Yep, let's hope so.

Richard Åsberg

David Cross
Posted
Posted

So weird. So today I had the problem again with the PTT ( flying the FFA320) , still using the most current version 1106. Last night I did a flight and no issues. Today it would not transit at all. Since I was already set up I just flew it off line. Then after I was done with the Flight, I reloaded the airport (KPHL) but this time loaded up the BE58 Stock Baron. I then started the xPilot in Admin mode, turn on the batt and wola, I was able to Transmit. So, then I disconnected from the server, but left the client active on the 2nd monitor. and started a new flight with the FF A320 without actually shutting down the sim, and re-connected and was still able to TX. So either I got lucky, or maybe starting the client with the Baron 1st helped?? It's so strange. It's like when you tell an auto shop your car is broken but only intermittent will the problem show up. So sometimes it's hard to diagnose the actual issue because it's so random. Well maybe I'll buy a new yoke, looking for an excuse to get the new Honeycomb Yoke. lol. But that's a $220.00 upgrade. Which isn't to bad considering, the Eclipse CH Yoke cost $190.00. I guess I could sell my Eclipse and get some of the money back. So before I even think about buying the Honeycomb Yoke, has anyone tested xPilot with the Honeycomb Yoke? Has there been any hardware conflict reports with that Yoke?

Thank you everyone who is banging out these bugs. You all are doing a great job.

Dave.