You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPILOT - xCSL -Library - Model Match

Maximiliano Fallico

Maximiliano Fallico
Posted
Posted

Yes! conversion will match the airline livery! and its working great..... you will get rid of the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]r error and will show the exact livery based on the callsign.

so the conversion is needed to use xPilot with xcsl and correct livery matching? Or only to get rid of the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] errors? My XCSL is working fine, except for the wrong livery matching. As i use my CSL Folder for other clients and networks aswell, it would be a pity if i would need to clone my CSL folder only for xPilot.

Georgios Gatzakis
Posted
Posted

hey there, thanks for getting back ... actually, i have finished the conversion and placed them in a seperate folder taking up another 3GB on my SSD and adding the need of maintaining / updating 2 almost identical folders. In addition, when updating my xCSL library, i would need to re-convert using the tool. I really would love if this gets fixed at some point to get rid of this overhead.

Anyway, for the sake of testing i did so and most liveries are now correct. Its important to note that you need to decline doing this "unique" thing for the AI addons when asked by the converter script, else it wont show the landing gears

also i can see some of this lines now after switching from EGLL (default aerosoft edition) to KLAX (MisterX) and for some time i was not able to see the models, only the labels. After some waiting time all was fine though.

XPILOT: The Y offset (0.000000) for the model has been found in the xsb file; Mtl Code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT Warning: During calculating the Y offset for the model Translate or/and Rotate animation has been found in an obj8; So, the calculated Y offset can be wrong due to animations. Mtl code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT: The Y offset (1.341100) for the model has been calculated from the obj8; Mtl code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT: Using the Xsb Y offset (0.000000) for the model. Mtl code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT: The Y offset (0.000000) for the model has been found in the xsb file; Mtl Code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT Warning: During calculating the Y offset for the model Translate or/and Rotate animation has been found in an obj8; So, the calculated Y offset can be wrong due to animations. Mtl code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT: The Y offset (0.802900) for the model has been calculated from the obj8; Mtl code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT: Using the Xsb Y offset (0.000000) for the model. Mtl code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT: The Y offset (0.000000) for the model has been found in the xsb file; Mtl Code: B738s B738s_AMXS5
XPILOT Warning: During calculating the Y offset for the model Translate or/and Rotate animation has been found in an obj8; So, the calculated Y offset can be wrong due to animations. Mtl code: B738s B738s_AMXS5
XPILOT: The Y offset (1.001800) for the model has been calculated from the obj8; Mtl code: B738s B738s_AMXS5
XPILOT: Using the Xsb Y offset (0.000000) for the model. Mtl code: B738s B738s_AMXS5

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
hey there, thanks for getting back ... actually, i have finished the conversion and placed them in a seperate folder taking up another 3GB on my SSD and adding the need of maintaining / updating 2 almost identical folders. In addition, when updating my xCSL library, i would need to re-convert using the tool. I really would love if this gets fixed at some point to get rid of this overhead.

Anyway, for the sake of testing i did so and most liveries are now correct. Its important to note that you need to decline doing this "unique" thing for the AI addons when asked by the converter script, else it wont show the landing gears

also i can see some of this lines now after switching from EGLL (default aerosoft edition) to KLAX (MisterX) and for some time i was not able to see the models, only the labels. After some waiting time all was fine though.

XPILOT: The Y offset (0.000000) for the model has been found in the xsb file; Mtl Code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT Warning: During calculating the Y offset for the model Translate or/and Rotate animation has been found in an obj8; So, the calculated Y offset can be wrong due to animations. Mtl code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT: The Y offset (1.341100) for the model has been calculated from the obj8; Mtl code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT: Using the Xsb Y offset (0.000000) for the model. Mtl code: B752 B752_UAL
XPILOT: The Y offset (0.000000) for the model has been found in the xsb file; Mtl Code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT Warning: During calculating the Y offset for the model Translate or/and Rotate animation has been found in an obj8; So, the calculated Y offset can be wrong due to animations. Mtl code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT: The Y offset (0.802900) for the model has been calculated from the obj8; Mtl code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT: Using the Xsb Y offset (0.000000) for the model. Mtl code: B738w B738w_AALWL
XPILOT: The Y offset (0.000000) for the model has been found in the xsb file; Mtl Code: B738s B738s_AMXS5
XPILOT Warning: During calculating the Y offset for the model Translate or/and Rotate animation has been found in an obj8; So, the calculated Y offset can be wrong due to animations. Mtl code: B738s B738s_AMXS5
XPILOT: The Y offset (1.001800) for the model has been calculated from the obj8; Mtl code: B738s B738s_AMXS5
XPILOT: Using the Xsb Y offset (0.000000) for the model. Mtl code: B738s B738s_AMXS5

There is nothing to fix here. The GL[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Obj8 part type is deprecated and should not be used.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

Thanks Justin! This works amazingly. Sorry to go a bit off topic - but does BB have anything that X-CSL doesn't? X-CSL looks a lot better so im thinking of getting rid of BB completely.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Thanks Justin! This works amazingly. Sorry to go a bit off topic - but does BB have anything that X-CSL doesn't? X-CSL looks a lot better so im thinking of getting rid of BB completely.

Other than having to use the converter to remove the deprecated objects, the only real difference is that X-CSL has a lot more models.

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

Cheers mate - had a few issues yesterday at Heathrow with some showing up as a default aircraft even though X-CSL and BB had objects for them though, so maybe ill just have to go back to bluebell for now. If only something like FLAI existed for us X-Plane users.

Rafal Tulaza 1242700
Posted
Posted
Rafal,

Most controllers care more about the type. If you’re given a wake turbulence advisory behind an aircraft that’s filed as a H/B77L but you see it in your simulator as a B737 from the same airline because your library doesn’t have that airline’s B77L model, that’s not good.

Hmm, that is true, however I don't believe planes drawn by plugins like xPilot, swift etc impact X-Plane physics in any way. So while X-Plane itself has some wake turbulence simulation we won't get any from other player's aircrafts. So having a different model shown in-sim is purely visual difference Of course you might also say that it could have some impact on distance between aircraft during taxi etc, but one should not taxi as close to the other aircraft (for model to matter) in the first place. That's why I am suggesting there should be a switch - let each person decide what he thinks is most important.

Michael Wellner
Posted
Posted
I have my CSL packages (both X-CSL and BlueBell) installed outside of the xPilot plugin directory; however, for sake of testing, I moved them into Resources/CSL and changed the paths in the xPilot plugin settings accordingly. Note: If you have a dedicated folder for each CSL package, it's important that you configure the CSL paths in the plugin settings correctly.

Is there a file where the entries for the CSL-directories of the X-Plane-plugin are stored? I couldn't find those entries in any file and the xPilot-plugin ALLWAYS adds the default-directory (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL) at top of the list. It would be fine to edit this list OUTSIDE the xPilot-plugin before starting X-Plane.

For example, in my Resources/CSL folder, I have a folder for X-CSL and a folder for BlueBell. In the xPilot plugin settings, I have two entries: Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL and Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell

I also use this "workaround" and have a line for each CSL-Package to get all my models loaded, but normally it would be fine, when xPilot would look down to ALL subdirectories of one mentioned path until it finds a xsb_aircraft.txt file in EVERY subdirectory. So it should be enough to give just the upper directory where all CSL-packages are stored in (e.g. only "Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL" when all packages lives there in diferent directories).

For now xPilot seams to look down for two subdirectory-levels and the stops searching for xsb_aitcraft.txt file. So if you got the following structure of directories:

.../CSL
     /BB-CSL
             /BB_GA
                     xsb_aircraft.txt
      /X-CSL
             /A318
                     xsb_aircraft.txt
     /RU-CSL
             xbs_aitcraft.txt

and you just define ".../CSL" as directory for the CSL-packages in xPilot-plugin, then xPilot will only use the RU-CSL-package, cause all the other xsb_aircraft.txt are just to deep into the subdirectories. That's the reason why, for now, there must be a declaration for EVERY CSL-directory although they are subdirectories of the defined CSL-directory.

Would be nice if this could be fixed some time.

Suresh Balaraman 810594
Posted
Posted
Like I mentioned in a previous post, you will not see these parsing errors if you have correctly converted your X-CSL package using the CSL2XSB tool; the BlueBell package does not need to be converted.

I have my CSL packages (both X-CSL and BlueBell) installed outside of the xPilot plugin directory; however, for sake of testing, I moved them into Resources/CSL and changed the paths in the xPilot plugin settings accordingly. Note: If you have a dedicated folder for each CSL package, it's important that you configure the CSL paths in the plugin settings correctly.

For example, in my Resources/CSL folder, I have a folder for X-CSL and a folder for BlueBell. In the xPilot plugin settings, I have two entries: Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL and Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell

If you make changes to the CSL paths in the plugin settings, you can click the "Load" button next to each entry to interactively load the CSL model set without needing to reload the xPilot plugin or restarting X-Plane. After clicking the "Load" button, you should see entries in your X-Plane log.txt file showing that xPilot loaded the packages. If you do not see entries like the following in your log.txt file, then something is funky with either your CSL paths or packages.

Make sure to check the "enabled" checkbox next to each CSL path so they are automatically loaded the next time you launch X-Plane.

XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A318/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A319/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A319w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A320/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A320w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A332/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A333/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A346/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A359/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A388/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/A4/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/AMX/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/AN/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/AN24/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/AS50/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/AT75/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/AVROLINER/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B190/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B2/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B733/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B735/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B735w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B738/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B738s/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B738w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B739/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B739s/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B739w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B742/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B744/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B744F/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B752/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B752w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B753/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B753w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B763/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B763w/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B764/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B772/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B773/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B77L/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B77W/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/B788/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/BE58/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/C172/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/C182/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/C208/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/C750/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/CARS/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/CONC/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/CRJ2/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/DH8D/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/DHC/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/DR40/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/DV20/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/E170/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/E190/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/F117/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/F16/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/F22/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/F260/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/F5/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/F900/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/FOKKER/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/GLID/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/HAWK/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/HELI/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/IL/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/IL76/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/J3/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/MD11/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/MD81/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/MG29/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/MI24/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/MI26/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/MI8/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/P28R/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/PA18/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/PC12/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/SU27/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/SU95/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/T134/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/T144/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/T154/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/T160/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/TU95/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/ULAC/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL/YAK/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Airbus/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Boeing/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_GA/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Heli/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Jets/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Leipzig_Air_VA/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Mil/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Props/xsb_aircraft.txt
XPILOT: Loading package: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/BlueBell/BB_Repaints/xsb_aircraft.txt

Thank you very much Justin! I've got everything working now - with X-CSL & BlueBell installed.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Is there a file where the entries for the CSL-directories of the X-Plane-plugin are stored? I couldn't find those entries in any file and the xPilot-plugin ALLWAYS adds the default-directory (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL) at top of the list. It would be fine to edit this list OUTSIDE the xPilot-plugin before starting X-Plane.

xPilot will add this entry by default if the folder is not empty. If you empty out the folder (or even delete it), the next to you load X-Plane (or reload your plugins), the entry will be gone. The preferences are stored in a file in X-Plane 11 > Output > preferences > Xpilot.prf

I also use this "workaround" and have a line for each CSL-Package to get all my models loaded, but normally it would be fine, when xPilot would look down to ALL subdirectories of one mentioned path until it finds a xsb_aircraft.txt file in EVERY subdirectory. So it should be enough to give just the upper directory where all CSL-packages are stored in (e.g. only "Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL" when all packages lives there in diferent directories).

For now xPilot seams to look down for two subdirectory-levels and the stops searching for xsb_aitcraft.txt file. So if you got the following structure of directories:

.../CSL
     /BB-CSL
             /BB_GA
                     xsb_aircraft.txt
      /X-CSL
             /A318
                     xsb_aircraft.txt
     /RU-CSL
             xbs_aitcraft.txt

and you just define ".../CSL" as directory for the CSL-packages in xPilot-plugin, then xPilot will only use the RU-CSL-package, cause all the other xsb_aircraft.txt are just to deep into the subdirectories. That's the reason why, for now, there must be a declaration for EVERY CSL-directory although they are subdirectories of the defined CSL-directory.

Would be nice if this could be fixed some time.

I will look into this.

Michael Wellner
Posted
Posted
xPilot will add this entry by default if the folder is not empty. If you empty out the folder (or even delete it), the next to you load X-Plane (or reload your plugins), the entry will be gone. The preferences are stored in a file in X-Plane 11 > Output > preferences > Xpilot.prf

Thanks a lot - sorry but I'm a X-Plane-Newbie, allways thought this directory is for OUTPUT only (Screenshots etc.) not for preferences

... long explaination of subdirectories deleted ...

I will look into this.

I guess you're the first one, understanding what I mean with looking only with depth of two subdirectories

Thanks again for your great work.

BTW: A ".aircraft" command like in vPilot would be great to get the models being mapped right now on a multiuser plane - but no hurry, I know that there are many other things on your priority-list.

Georgios Gatzakis
Posted
Posted

There is nothing to fix here. The GL[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Obj8 part type is deprecated and should not be used.

wow is this really your answer? Sorry but beeing a software dev by myself, here is what comes into my mind.

VATSIM does not have its own OBJ8 (or any?) Model Library right? So there are not many libaries on the market that can be used by x-plane users, we have BB and xCSL. Latter one initially was for IVAO only, and gives backward compatibility until XP9 (this is why GL[Mod - Happy Thoughts] is still there). In the meantime it also is used in other plugins aswell, like swift for VATSIM where there is no conversion needed. So basically you request from xCSL team to remove attributes from their library (breaking other software that is using it) ? Why dont xPilot has issues with other deprecated xcsl attributes like the duplicated lights (except logo lights)?

To keep it short, i really like your software its easy, its lightweight its free. I came here to give constructive feedback. In the end you decide. But for me its a pain to have two almost identical folders that both need to be maintained separately. I guess you agree.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

wow is this really your answer? Sorry but beeing a software dev by myself, here is what comes into my mind.

I'm sorry, did you want me to sugar coat the answer for you?

Latter one initially was for IVAO only, and gives backward compatibility until XP9 (this is why GL[Mod - Happy Thoughts] is still there).

I see no where on the X-CSL website where they endorse their models to be used on the VATSIM network. The first paragraph on their homepage says "What is it for? The project is the library of online traffic models for users of the X-Plane flight simulator who fly in IVAO network."

The IVAO developers have specially tailored the X-CSL models to work with their X-ivap client by introducing some hacks, which xPilot does not natively support; namely on-the-fly rewriting of OBJ8s to perform texture replacement. The tool that I have mentioned earlier in this thread (CSL2XSB) converts the X-CSL packages to be compatible with xPilot (and XSB).

Also, I do not provide support for XP9 (or 10), so why would I need to support a deprecated object type?

In the meantime it also is used in other plugins aswell, like swift for VATSIM where there is no conversion needed. So basically you request from xCSL team to remove attributes from their library (breaking other software that is using it) ? Why dont xPilot has issues with other deprecated xcsl attributes like the duplicated lights (except logo lights)?

I'm not requesting them to do anything. I'm simply offering a solution to convert your X-CSL packages if you want to use them with xPilot.

xPilot and XSB share the same object rendering library (libxplanemp), so saying that xPilot is the only client that has killed off the GL[Mod - Happy Thoughts] object type isn't true. I haven't used swift, so I don't know if it natively supports X-CSL without the models needing to be converted.

To keep it short, i really like your software its easy, its lightweight its free. I came here to give constructive feedback. In the end you decide. But for me its a pain to have two almost identical folders that both need to be maintained separately. I guess you agree.

Cheers!

Georgios Gatzakis
Posted
Posted

hey Justin, despite my love for sugar coatings i was hoping for something different ... So yes, xCSL was and is for IVAO. I subscribed to VATSIM before i knew about IVAO, but in the end i was flying IVAO because i didnt liked xsquawkbox at all with all its issues.

Anyway, since swift came out, with full native support of BB and xCSL i quickly fell in love with it and forgot about IVAO. After xPilot release, i even got hyped more because of the nice features and reasons i mentioned earlier, but it was just a drawback to have to use a plugin (that i never heard before) to convert. For me it wasnt that difficult, but its unconvenient for people to do it that have not much knowledge in PC stuff (pythin environment etc.) . So yes, you are not obliged to give any support, but are you not interested that people choose your software? If you tell me you will never try to give some compatibility, then i will switch back to swift. This is not meant as warning or thread please dont get me wrong. But its just easier for me to handle. Baseline ... i know that many people are using XCSL over BB and really like xPilot. They are not able to do the conversion, and they propebly even dont know about. So if you want them, just support it natively ... as swift did