CROSS THE PACIFIC 2006 19 AUG 1600z - 0100Z

The ATM was invited to attend and decided that the traffic being split 3 ways would water down the departures for SEA and SFO and said they would rather not staff.

That's mostly correct. I decided that to maximize traffic density and enjoyment for the participants, 3 westcoast spotlights might not be the best way to go. I didn't say that we wouldn't staff on the day, though. We have publicized the event to our controllers and encouraged them to be online, but I didn't want to officially be part of the event. It's my hope that the bulk of Oceanic traffic will be from SFO and SEA. We're going to try to have controllers online in case ppl want to fly the west coast in general during the event.

I'll be on an airplane, SFO to EWR during the event window, though, and won't be online.

That's mostly correct. I decided that to maximize traffic density and enjoyment for the participants, 3 westcoast spotlights might not be the best way to go. I didn't say that we wouldn't staff on the day, though. We have publicized the event to our controllers and encouraged them to be online, but I didn't want to officially be part of the event. It's my hope that the bulk of Oceanic traffic will be from SFO and SEA. We're going to try to have controllers online in case ppl want to fly the west coast in general during the event.

I'll be on an airplane, SFO to EWR during the event window, though, and won't be online.

That is correct and sorry for wording it poorly... KS didn't wish to exclude his controllers, rather to help the other two ARTCCs.

Richard Green

VATSIM Supervisor

SB Testing & Support Team

VRC Testing & Support Team

I wanted to post a message to appologize for my very poor performance on HNL_E_CTR during the event. I was really not prepared for for the volume of interisland traffic along with the event traffic. I look at this as one heck of a learning expereince. Needless to say I plan to work with our TA and the other instructors to get me to a point where I could handle this in the future. I sure wish the comms had been better, I was not able to ready any aircraft on voice, it was totally broken for me. I wanted to thank all the pilots and the other controllers for their understanding and help. I hope to do much better in the future.

David Kluempers - 884266

VATSIM USA Division

David, don't worry about it! Was great none the less. I was with you when you lost your coms there. On my end, all aircraft were coming through loud and clear. Puzzled why you were receiving such poor performance. Regardless, great job for attempting such a busy event!

I want to thanks all the pilots who participated in the event! We were kept busy at Honolulu all the way until 21:00 local Hawaii Time!

Yep, Pilots were professional and courteous , even when we changed the expected ILS from 8L to 4R.

Screen shots of event at:

http://www.zhnartcc.net/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=8

Gary Frothingham

ZHN Events I-1