You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Lost connection

Daniel Dietz 1177807

Roman Sill 1396053
Posted
Posted

VRC with the Audio for VATSIM client was working, even when vPilot was disconnecting from voice. Now, the client won't even work with VRC as it had recently. Something is broken, I am training to be ATC... Something has to give soon or I'm done trusting the tech capabilities of the VATSIM team.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Nothing has changed on our side since AFV was released (other than 2-3 things which caused server crashes), so the fact that now the standalone doesn't work either with VRC is a mere coincidence; just like tha fact that it initially worked with it but not with vPilot, as both of them are using exactly the same code for voice.

Instead of saying that the tech team is not competent (like you have done in another thread), I suggest you change your tone. This is a FREE network, with VOLUNTEERS spending their FREE time to develop stuff for YOU, and after more than a year of daily work on it, the least you could've said is "thanks". There is more than 3000 other persons using it daily without any issues, which proves the point that it's not an issue on our side (and if it is, it's not something under our control), so we would have absolutely no reason whatsoever to help YOU with YOUR problem, but still, the main development team is looking into possible fixes and/or workarounds for the < 5% of the people which seem to experience this issue.

Whenever we get our motivation back stuff will be done, but comments like yours don't help on making it any faster.

Have you tried using any other network? What happens if you connect through a mobile network for example? Does it work then?

• Like 1

Me.

Fabio Miguel 1394656
Posted
Posted
Quick thought here....

We stayed connected for 7 days during World Flight without any issues, as did most of the simulator teams.

None of us run any firewall or security type products on our simulator PC's. Is there a correlation with software firewall or AV products at all?

Also Windows Defender settings? Anyone having problems can you post what security products you have installed?

As I said in an older post, I'm using Kaspersky AV, but whitelisted xPilot. Windows Defender is disabled. When I connect for the first time, I get a disconnect after 10 to 15 seconds. When I try to connect again, I don't get the disconnection message, but I can't hear or transmit anything. Within the 10 to 15 seconds before the disconnection, I can press the PPT button and see the TX button turning green. After that time, the TX button doesn't work anymore. I made a test using a VPN to connect and it worked just fine. So I figure out it's a problem with my ISP. They don't support IPv4 anymore, they use CGNAT technology and I think that's the problem. Also, because of that, I can't open or forward any ports of my network. If there's a way to fix that, it'd very appreciated!

Dev team, is there any news about this? Just want to know if you guys figured out what can be the reason for that

• 3 weeks later...
Tomer Israel
Posted
Posted

-Disconnect Time: January 3nd at 1738z and 1739z and 1740z and 1815z and 1850z

-How Often your disconnects are: 5 times

-What error the client showed on disconnect: vPilot showed in red: Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Lost connection

-Callsign: ISR5813

-Client Version: vPilot 2.4.0

-Internet Speed: 90 mb/s

-Internet Provider or rough real world location: Israel

Patrick Weber 1235776
Posted
Posted

Hey All,

is there anything new about this bug?

I just disconnected from the voice Server, it is not flyable.

-Disconnect Time: 15:55z

-How Often your disconnects are: Every 5-10 minutes sometimes every 45-60 minutes, or every minute.

-What error the client showed on disconnect: None, debug: Client Disconnected with Lost connection

-Callsign: LPPC_CTR

-Client Version: vPilot 2.40

-Internet Speed: 50 mb/s

-Internet Provider or rough real world location: Germany, Telekom

I hope you can help me.

Greetings Patrick.