You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

please add hotkeys to VPilot client

Jason Fayre 1040237

Robin Kipp
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross,

Thank you so much for the info!

I wasn't aware that the .atis command could be used to pull additional details about any controller, thought that was only there to get textual weather information.

That way of figuring out the radio callsign will do just fine I think, and invoking the context menu on a controller in the tree view should also work without a problem so really we should be all set!

Thanks again for being so incredibly supportive and understanding of our needs.

Robin

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

My pleasure!

Note that it's up to the controller to put whatever info they want in their ATIS ... some leave it blank, some put in a URL for leaving feedback, etc. Some also put their radio callsign. So it'll be hit-or-miss, but worth a check.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 4 weeks later...
Joshua Tubbs 1382787
Posted
Posted

Ross,

Just downloaded this latest version and it's safe to say that the .atclist command is no longer needed.

Love the new way of doing things. I think this version can actually go public on the vPilot site.

• 2 months later...
Tyler Rodick
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I'm just now seeing this topic. Any idea when 2.4.2.2 will hit the stable channel? It seems like we've let this one lapse for quite some time, and I just want to bump it back to the top. I'm also one of the blind pilots, like others who have posted here. It'd be nice to have the new build generally available rather than having to search through the forums for it. LOL

Thanks!

Tyler Rodick

Tyler Rodick, AWM

VATUSA

ZLC ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm waiting until I have other functionality to release, stuff that is relevant to the entire user base. I suggest you download the 2.4.2.2 installer and keep it on your hard drive so you don't have to search the forums in case you need to install it again at a later time.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This is now in the release version, 2.4.4, which I just released in order to update the voice code to incorporate some efficiency changes the AFV team made recently.

Sarah Alawami
Posted
Posted

I don't have v2.4 as of yet but I flew on vatsim for the first time and second time two weeks ago, and, my god, what a very positive experience. The client was accessible and I was even able to change freqs easily. Thanks so mush. I don't yet know how to turn com two off as of yet if I need to tune into an atis , but I'll learn that one later. Again thanks for such a positive experience, as far as the VPilot client.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You're very welcome.

Regarding the com radios, if you want to listen to an atis on com two while talking to ATC on com one, you just need to enable receive on both com radios, which you can do in your aircraft, or with the ".com both" command. When you are ready to switch back to receiving only on com one, issue the ".com 1" command.