You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiple PTT

James Horgan

James Horgan
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I know from talking to Gary this idea is being knocked around, but is there a way to map multiple PTT or inputs to vpilot to cater for those of us with home cockpit setups? One thing I've thought about is having someone connected in observer mode, however this is not ideal.

Is there any plan for an API? That way I could send the relevant PTT directly from Jeehell (the sim software), as it has a software intercom built in.

James

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

As you mentioned, the idea is being considered, but there is no way currently to configure multiple PTT.

However, plugins have the ability to trigger PTT, so if you have .net programming ability, that would be a way to trigger PTT from a third party app. You would make a plugin that (for example) listened on a socket for PTT on/off instructions from a remote app, or watched for keypresses of a secondary PTT key or button.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

James Horgan
Posted
Posted

I have some programming ability.. Are you saying that I use the plug in to send the appropriate joystick or keyboard command to vpilot? Or is there a way to write to vpilot directly?

• 3 years later...
Justin Vaughan
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, Ross Carlson said:

As you mentioned, the idea is being considered, but there is no way currently to configure multiple PTT.

@Ross Carlson, just wanted to revive this and put a +1 for the feature request of multiple PTTs (one for com1, and another for com2). I'm aware plugins might be able to accomplish this if someone was savvy enough to make it (I'm not).

It's not a huge deal, but a small QOL improvement if you're ever mucking around in the code for vpilot on a future release!

Edited by Justin Vaughan

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I could be wrong but I am almost certain you can do this with nothing more than FSUIPC free or paid.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Sebastian Graser
Posted
Posted

Im using a headset and a hand mic (Peiker TM-110) and solved it by using voicemeter macro buttons....

Just in Short

2 Macro Buttons:

- 1. the hand Mic Button triggers the keyboard key "F18" and activates the macro action (to mute the headset) & vPilot's PTT Button "F20"

- 2. the Headset PTT Button (on my mouse) triggers keyboard key "F19"  activates the macro action (to mute the headset) & vPilot's PTT Button "F20"

A quick demo

image.png.34d04994a7f04dce914990e1dc31d054.png

(The third button "X" triggers a stream deck icon to flash up green when ptt is active)