You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

voice disconnection issues

James Crutchley 1441481

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
What were your results at https://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/ when it was happening?

Since posting your message to now...

This site can’t be reached

www.megapath.com took too long to respond.

Try:

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Using https://www.speedtest.net/

DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Marinos Klouras
Posted
Posted

Good morning,

Also reporting that I get disconnected today after about 10 minutes each time. I am logged to a controller channel.

Speed at the moment:

Down: 43.16 Mbps

Up: 4.42 Mbps

Marinos Klouras

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

We have received several reports of disconnects right now. Unfortunately it is a protection system kicking in at the datacentre, so we have no control over it.

Me.

Frank Lorijn 1466329
Posted
Posted

This maybe a stupid reply (I'm a beginner with online flying) but Vpilot still works ok with voice right? I did not have problems with it at my first 2 online flights.......Last sunday there was a big Dutch VACC event with many online, and there were no voice disconnections.

Branko Bitoraje 1269343
Posted
Posted

Same here I get Error connecting to voice server: The request timed-out. on every server

Darrell Morrison 998433
Posted
Posted

I am receiving the same error...

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

We're aware. Everyone got disconnected twice at 15:50z and 15:55z. We're monitoring the situation but -once again- it's something out of our control. Please allow it some time to recover.

P.D: Changing server is useless when it's a voice server error

Me.

Roman Sill 1396053
Posted
Posted

tried the netsh command. flushed dns for good measure. It unfortunately hadn't helped.

Daniel Grammer
Posted
Posted
tried the netsh command. flushed dns for good measure. It unfortunately hadn't helped.

I re-enabled my windows firewall windows defender a couple of days ago and also re-did the netsh command once since my upload speed had just about died and worked 3 1/2 hours last night with no problems from AFV. The sockets seem to be important on my windows 10 gaming laptop. ONE OTHER thing. I usually have a gazillion windows open including sometimes google earth. I have cut back on some of the uneccessary windows while controlling for now.

Roman Sill 1396053
Posted
Posted

...The sockets seem to be important on my windows 10 gaming laptop. ONE OTHER thing. I usually have a gazillion windows open including sometimes google earth. I have cut back on some of the uneccessary windows while controlling for now.

I'll look into that right away. As for open windows, I really try to minimize that. Thank you.

Marcel Weber
Posted
Posted

Good morning,

Unfortunately I have the same problem. every few minutes the connection to the voice server breaks down. It can't be my internet at that time i had a stable connection to my internet (100mbits) no breaks!

I tried to connect five time to the Voiceserver but every 2-3 minutes it breakes down to the Voiceserver

greetings

Daniel Grammer
Posted
Posted

One fix for my every five minutes disconnect from AFV while using VRC while controlling I discovered tonight was:

Open Cmd prompt as admin

type: netsh winsock reset

Enter

Reboot

YOU didn't say whether or not you tried this yet.

Roman Sill 1396053
Posted
Posted

bump

Marcel Weber
Posted
Posted

Good morning and merry Christmas to all,

yes i try it with netsh winsok reset, but i still have this problem. Last flight was on 24.12 from Salzburg to Split and 6 times the connections is brocken! luckily there was no ATC.