You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPilot Model matching

Karolis Petrosius 1262412

Uri Tevel
Posted
Posted

When I configure the settings in FSX model matching to use MyTraffic models then it shows every aircraft as default model white A321

Changing the default model under FSX to the CRJ doesn't do anything. But when changing the default model under FSX:SE to the CRJ makes every aircraft default white CRJ

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Does changing the default model to CRJ under FSX work when you have FSX:SE disabled (by renaming the cfg file)? I ask because if you have FSX:SE disabled, vPilot cannot possibly use your FSX:SE default model.

Also, based on the screenshots you posted originally, it looks like FSX is recognizing your MyTraffic models just fine. So the thing to check is, when you see an aircraft rendered as your default model, but you think it should be using one of your MyTraffic models, then take a look at the aircraft list (open it with the .aircraft command) and see if the other pilot is using a proper aircraft type code and airline code which match an identified model from your MyTraffic models.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Uri Tevel
Posted
Posted

I will check and let you know

Thanks

Uri Tevel
Posted
Posted

At first changing the default model to CRJ under FSX didn't work when FSX:SE was disabled (I renamed the cfg file). Every aircraft was white A321 even though I had my model matching configured.

But after uninstalling vPilot completely and then reinstalling it (making sure to check the empty config file option) everything started to work.

I now have only FSX under model matching settings and vPilot renders planes correctly.

Thank you so much for the help you gave me. I greatly appreciate the assistance you have provided me.

Tim Holthaus
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Uri Tevel said:

At first changing the default model to CRJ under FSX didn't work when FSX:SE was disabled (I renamed the cfg file). Every aircraft was white A321 even though I had my model matching configured.

But after uninstalling vPilot completely and then reinstalling it (making sure to check the empty config file option) everything started to work.

I now have only FSX under model matching settings and vPilot renders planes correctly.

Thank you so much for the help you gave me. I greatly appreciate the assistance you have provided me.

I've got a similar issue. FSX:SE being the only FSX installed and vpilot seems to recognize FSX:SE and FSX. Thus, model matching doesn't work. I renamed the fsx_se.cfg, did a full reinstall of vpilot and it works now. Thanks Uri for the workaround tip!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Tim Holthaus said:

I've got a similar issue. FSX:SE being the only FSX installed and vpilot seems to recognize FSX:SE and FSX. Thus, model matching doesn't work. I renamed the fsx_se.cfg, did a full reinstall of vpilot and it works now. Thanks Uri for the workaround tip!

Tim, I'm curious if your registry is set up the same way as Uri's, where the install path for FSX:SE and FSX differ only by the trailing slash. Is that something you can check for me?

Here is the post where the registry keys can be found:

Tim Holthaus
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

Tim, I'm curious if your registry is set up the same way as Uri's, where the install path for FSX:SE and FSX differ only by the trailing slash. Is that something you can check for me?

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

AppPath Value: "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\"

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

There is no "10.0" subfolder with an AppPath value under this directory, despite the fact that I have only FSX:SE installed.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

I couldn't find any of these entries on my PC.

Hope I could assist in resolving this. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Tim

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Tim, what about the WOW6432Node folders that Uri has?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Uri and Tim, I've just made some tweaks to vPilot so that it should properly detect this situation where both the FSX and FSX:SE registry entries exist and point to the same folder. (It now ignores any trailing backslash in the path.)

Could you download it and let me know if it properly shows only FSX (and NOT FSX:SE) in your model matching settings? Obviously, you'll need to put your FSX_se.cfg file back into place for it to be a true test.

Download it here:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/Installers/vPilot-Setup-2.5.0.exe

Tim Holthaus
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Tim, what about the WOW6432Node folders that Uri has?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

SetupPath value: "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX"

13 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Uri and Tim, I've just made some tweaks to vPilot so that it should properly detect this situation where both the FSX and FSX:SE registry entries exist and point to the same folder. (It now ignores any trailing backslash in the path.)

Could you download it and let me know if it properly shows only FSX (and NOT FSX:SE) in your model matching settings? Obviously, you'll need to put your FSX_se.cfg file back into place for it to be a true test.

Download it here:

Yeah it works for me with 2.50, but so it did with 2.46, after I renamed fsx_se.cfg. Somehow I managed to delete the entire FSX-SE folder so that I'm not able to test it under previous conditions.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help. I just released v2.5.1 which has the same fix for ignoring trailing backslashes in the install paths, and adds P3D v5 support.

• Thanks 1

Uri Tevel
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2020 at 5:32 AM, Ross Carlson said:

Download it here:

Ross, just to let you know that 2.5.0 works with FSX_se.cfg enabled

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Okay, great, thanks for letting me know.