You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot error new version

mattia cherubin

ONUR KIZILER
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

I am using FSX. Vpilot 2.8.1 installed.

When i try to connect, i get an error:

0.JPG.cf27a70dca68e2b46085a3f4be22315e.JPG

I think problem here is that vpilot thinks that I am using MSFS, but i never installed it before.

1.JPG.ae8ef6323ca5df7d0a75f48165e75f87.JPG

secondary information: on the vpilotconfig xml file:

2.JPG.4b398f854050a19711e27a13d4632f73.JPG

I have PMDG installed on top of FSX and want to use B737-800.

Any idea how i can change my detected simulator type and rescan to find B737?

I'd appreciate the help. Many thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot finds your simulator(s) by looking in the registry to find the location where you installed the sim. It then verifies that that location actually exists and contains the FSX.exe file. If it's not finding your installation of FSX, then the appropriate registry entry is missing, or it points to a folder that doesn't exist or doesn't contain FSX.exe.

Did you manually move your FSX installation to a different location on your hard drive?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

ONUR KIZILER
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't recall i moved any of the fsx folders.

The current install directory is I assume also the default one:

image.png.e61d6d0085b5d99f3731997077eed5da.png

Is there a way to manipulate the registry? that i can change ? or do anything? (apart from uninstall-reinstall)

Edit: I am not great at this stuff but could "ccleaner" be a reason to wipe away the registry files? From time to time i run the freeware version to somewhat clean the system. 

Edit2: From your explanation, i searched shortly for the fsx registry repair tool and run it. See result here:

1.JPG.4afeedf07557939e767d91a28405960b.JPG

From the explanation of the program here i can confirm i made a windows repair which might have caused this problem.Nevertheless, even after doing this, vpilot seems not recognizing the fsx, still.

Edit: On top of what explained before, i did uninstall and re-installed the vpilot to see if i can trigger a new configuration. Vpilot still thinks that i am using MSFS 😞 and doesn't let me connect with the same error:

"[13:18:25] Command failed. The active simulator was not found when vPilot scanned your hard drive for available aircraft models. You will need to repair your simulator installation before using vPilot with this simulator." 

Edited by ONUR KIZILER

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It will always show MSFS for all users, so that's not an issue.

Is it feasible for you to reinstall FSX? Not sure how much work that would be for you. I think you should be able to reinstall it over the top of the existing installation, without the need to completely remove it first. That should save you from having to reinstall add-ons. I'm not 100% sure though, never having done so myself.

ONUR KIZILER
Posted
Posted

Well, after spending hours for a clean uninstall and install everything back. I am pretty surprised i encountered the same errors when i try to connect via vpilot. 😔

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Have you tried running vPilot as an administrator? I'm wondering if some sort of file permission issue is blocking vPilot from detecting the sim.

ONUR KIZILER
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

Yes, sure I run evereything with right click and run as admin. Nevertheless, you are probably right about the admin right problems. Check this:

While i tried to reinstall  FSX i came across the error code 1722. The solution to overcome was installing the package from another windows user that had admin rights. (my pc got already a secondary user but didn't have admin rights).

Anyway, something has really got messed up here in my pc about that and I think the only (if not only, obvious) solution is booting a clean OS in my opinion.

In the mean time, even though i don't like the interface of "swift" client at all (a bit complicated right?), i run and tested it and for now that will be my solution i guess.

But thanks a lot for your patient replies on the matter. 

Regards