You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Network error: Client authentication response timeout

• vpilot

Satanshu Mishra

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

I've been living in the Dubai for almost 6 months now and I have switched ISPs. Etisalat completely blocked everything even VATSIM, however once we moved over to a new place we changed ISPs to DU which had nothing blocked for some reason (This includes Discord and VoIP. It seems I can use them correctly). In cases where I'm not at home you'll need to get a VPN. I've started to hear that they somehow managed to start slowing down VPN connections. You can join the Middle East Discord server which has a lot of members living in the U.A.E. You can maybe possibly ask them for more info on how they do it from there side as it differs from area to area in Dubai. Link: https://discord.gg/Hvxm5Ky

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daniel Richardson

• Satanshu Mishra

• umair saleem

• Ahmed Saadawey

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daniel Richardson

Daniel Richardson 9 posts

• Satanshu Mishra

Satanshu Mishra 7 posts

• umair saleem

umair saleem 7 posts

• Ahmed Saadawey

Ahmed Saadawey 6 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 30 2020

11 posts

• May 4 2020

8 posts

• Apr 29 2020

6 posts

• May 9 2020

6 posts

Popular Posts

umair saleem

I managed to stay connected (on USA-East) for a flight from EPWA to EDDK. On landing i disconnected to check if i can reconnect and now its the same error on all the servers. Yet again for s

Mohamed Zaheer Zafarullah

Thank you Andreas, have forwarded an email as suggested. Will post any response I have from the Team here..    

umair saleem

I If i try to connect while at OMDB(Dubai) its not working. I tried at different airports in USA and able to connect all the servers. Europe no luck

Posted Images

Daniel Richardson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Chriss Klosowski said:

I've been living in the Dubai for almost 6 months now and I have switched ISPs. Etisalat completely blocked everything even VATSIM, however once we moved over to a new place we changed ISPs to DU which had nothing blocked for some reason (This includes Discord and VoIP. It seems I can use them correctly). In cases where I'm not at home you'll need to get a VPN. I've started to hear that they somehow managed to start slowing down VPN connections. You can join the Middle East Discord server which has a lot of members living in the U.A.E. You can maybe possibly ask them for more info on how they do it from there side as it differs from area to area in Dubai. Link: https://discord.gg/Hvxm5Ky

Why does it not surprise me that they're finding ways to slow everything down if you're using a vpn 🙄 personally i've not had any issues with expressVPN (in some cases it's actually faster with the VPN turned on)

I haven't changed providers yet as my building was not configured to accept DU connections when i first moved here 6 years ago, and the ridiculous cancellation fees really put me off. Maybe once i move out i can look at changing providers. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Fred Navarro said:

To the VATSIM network people, does this make sense somehow? Does the amount of data a pilot receives through his VATSIM connection depend on the amount of traffic around him?

Yes, absolutely. In fact, the amount of traffic nearby is practically the only thing that affects bandwidth usage for a pilot.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 1 month later...
Sachin Gnath
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey all, 

I live in UAE & I too face the same problem. I honestly don't understand what is causing this issue. This happens to me both when I connect with Euroscope & VPILOT and I have been reporting this issue since 2017.

The only way I have managed to solve this issue is by using VPN and I don't prefer using VPN at all. I hope the network mods will take a look at this. 

Server: Client authentication response timeout

Edited by Sachin Gnath

Regards, 

S G

Sanjeevan Hari
Posted
Posted

Hey guys! I also live in UAE and use Etisalat as my ISP, I’ve also been facing this problem since I joined VATSIM + I couldn’t login for my S2 CPT and we had to postpone it, even on the next day I couldn’t login for my CPT. The login gets through only by chance... When I try using a VPN my AFV just wont respond and eventually crashes... I really hope this issue gets solved...

• 2 months later...
Sachin Gnath
Posted
Posted
On 10/13/2020 at 11:53 PM, Fred Navarro said:

Any breakthrough on this one....? Still seems to be extremely difficult to connect when things are busy....

So frustrating....!

+1

Regards, 

S G