You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnection over low FPS when at nearly 40 FPS

Bruno Koch

Bruno Koch
Posted
Posted

I just had a bizarre glitch, where xPilot kept disconnecting me for having a low FPS, when in fact I had 38 to 45 FPS. I've recorded it and uploaded the footage to YouTube under an unlisted video, here: 

I'm not sure what's happening, but it seems xPilot is getting wrong info on frames again.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Bruno Koch said:

I just had a bizarre glitch, where xPilot kept disconnecting me for having a low FPS, when in fact I had 38 to 45 FPS. I've recorded it and uploaded the footage to YouTube under an unlisted video, here: 

I'm not sure what's happening, but it seems xPilot is getting wrong info on frames again.

Hi Bruno, the next time you do a flight, enable the frame rate logging within X-Plane (this can be found under the Settings > Data Output > check the “Disk (data.txt File)” option under Frame rate. This will produce a their large data file, so you’ll need to upload it to a file sharing website such as Google Drive.

Edit: also, what version of xPilot is this?

Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Bruno Koch
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Hi Bruno, the next time you do a flight, enable the frame rate logging within X-Plane (this can be found under the Settings > Data Output > check the “Disk (data.txt File)” option under Frame rate. This will produce a their large data file, so you’ll need to upload it to a file sharing website such as Google Drive.

Alright, I'll be sure to upload that file after testing the Toliss A319 on Vatsim again, then. I just had no idea what else to do but to record what was happening at the time.

Bruno Koch
Posted
Posted

@Justin Shannon Oddly enough, I was unable to replicate the bug. Seems the problem somehow fixed itself.