You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connecting to VATSIM with FSX (October 06)

Ruth McTighe 824054

Johan Van Nieuwenhuizen 10
Posted
Posted
hi im real newbie in runnig fsx on vista ok i have or should i say had installed all the relevent software to play fsx on vatsim but when i load up i get an error with the copilot software and the fn thing 1.6 then i closes down my fsx and i get nothing can anyone help me any help please help !!!!!!!

Ok first of all you have to get in a flight and then press the alt key once your parked at your gate or ramp or on a active runway...Doesn,t really matter where.

Then you must press the ALT key and then look on the top of your computer screen and you will see a kind menu with some options.

Good luck mate!!

Regards,

EmiratesPilot

Regards

Johan

Dream towards an Emirates pilot?

Join our VA at www.Emiratesvirtual.net.tc

• 1 month later...
Neil Keane 1020402
Posted
Posted

I've installed both FsInn and FsCo-pilot. But when I start (or try to start) FSX it closes down (Not Responding) . Any updates on SB4

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Neil,

SB4 remains in closed beta. Make sure to have SP1 installed for FSX and use the latest builds from www.mcdu.com - fsinn 1.7 and copilot 1.3

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I've installed both FsInn and FsCo-pilot. But when I start (or try to start) FSX it closes down (Not Responding) . Any updates on SB4

It's obvious that you didn't follow the steps in the PRC. If you don't install software right, whether it's SBX, FSX, or FSInn, it's not going to work.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

• 2 weeks later...
Sean Summer 1036213
Posted
Posted

Is the flash tutorial on how to connect to VATSIM freezing up for anyone else? For me it keeps on freezing at where it tells me to Click on the CoPilot menu to see the CoPilot and FSInn option. I found it under "Add ons" and I see all the option but the flash doesn't move forward.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Is the flash tutorial on how to connect to VATSIM freezing up for anyone else? For me it keeps on freezing at where it tells me to Click on the CoPilot menu to see the CoPilot and FSInn option. I found it under "Add ons" and I see all the option but the flash doesn't move forward.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the flash tutorial. Make sure you click on the "Copilot" menu option. It won't progress until you do.

The Copilot menu is between View and Help. Any of the other words are instructions and information.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Neil Keane 1020402
Posted
Posted

YES I KNOW!! I've already done EVERYTHING AS IT SAYS. And there is absolutely no need to treat me like a complete IDIOT. I'm really insulted by those comments.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
YES I KNOW!! I've already done EVERYTHING AS IT SAYS. And there is absolutely no need to treat me like a complete IDIOT.

I never consider a person having computer problems and idiot. Personally, I find just about any problem that a person has with a computer something very simple... usually a simple over sight. Often, when a person has a problem, they will continue doing the same thing for a long time, especially when addressing it before a break. They'll keep doing the same thing missing the obvious, and might catch it after a break, or if someone make a quick reference.

For your information, there's nothing wrong with the flash movie.

I'm really insulted by those comments.

I'm sorry for the way you take my attempt to help. Any other suggestions would be equally simple. As I mentioned, to me the whole computer environment is a bounce of simple little steps (actually broken down to a bunch of ones and zeros). If I give another suggestion it might insult you also... so, I'll leave it along and let you experiment on your own.

I'd be glad if you'd come back and post to the group what you found to be the culprit. I'm trying to resist insulting you by suggesting that you try reinstalling your flash plugin, or testing it with a different browser (or different computer).

Have a nice day.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• 4 weeks later...
Chris McMullin 1039668
Posted
Posted

Well, I downloaded and installed fsinn 1.2 and fscopilot 1.6 but afterwards, fsx won't start up. It pretends to, the initial screen comes up, but then it disappears and my computer acts like it never happened. Any ideas??

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Well, I downloaded and installed fsinn 1.2 and fscopilot 1.6 but afterwards, fsx won't start up. It pretends to, the initial screen comes up, but then it disappears and my computer acts like it never happened. Any ideas??

Wrong version. The PRC and the first message in the FSInn Help forum states that FSX isn't supported under Version 1.2.

Follow the steps in the first message in the FSInn Help forum ( Announcement - Installing FSInn ). You shouldn't have any problems.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted

To try and keep all FSInn topics together, I think it's time I locked this topic. Please will anyone who has questions on how to get FSInn set-up properly please use the FSInn Help Forum at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewforum.php?f=43

And before posting, please read and if necessary act upon the first Announcment "Installing FSInn"

Ruth

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything