You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Returning after a long absence

Anthony Carbott

Anthony Carbott
Posted
Posted

I really can't remember how I used to get current weather into FSX. I wonder if it came through via FSINN? I seem to remember as soon as I went online, it'd update.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Probably via the built-in realtime weather feed of FSX. I think this feature has been shutdown. My advice would be to invest a bit of money into ActiveSky - wait for another promotion to come up. In the meantime try out FSRealWX Lite.

Anthony Carbott
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some digging around on google suggest as I thought, I used to get weather in via FSInn, it would get a weather metar from a server and was quite accurate really. I don't quite know why FSInn won't load anymore on my system.

Edit: For some unknown reason, when I check the settings, many of the features have been put as 'reset', whatever that means, but the effect it has is the tab or panel, won't show, until I remove reset. So now FSInn control panel is showing, but I had to do the same with the actual settings menu for it too, as of course I need to put the new password into that. Also I need to check the server IP addresses for it.

Edited by Anthony Carbott

Anthony Carbott
Posted
Posted

I've just made a flight using FSInn, weather worked fine, but voice didn't, can't remember what plug in was used. It does almost seem that as I haven't used things for some time, that settings appeared to have changed themselves for some reason.

Anthony Carbott
Posted
Posted

I may try it. Otherwise vPilot is good, but it doesn't connect to a weather server, where as FSInn does.