You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Recognize this sound Justin?

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Hey @Justin Shannon

This is a long-shot but wanted to ask if you recognize the annoying click sound when manipulating switches in VR seen in the clip below where I try to demonstrate the issue.

It's a really odd issue I've been having for a while now and I'm trying to figure out where this sound comes from and what is triggering it. What is weird is how I sometimes can perform a full flight without getting it. While on other flights, I get it already before I started pushing back at my origin. I've been in contact both with Lubos (Zibo) and LR but so far to no avail. Neither one knows where this sound is coming from.

Last flight I seemed to get this sound after I was asked by ATC to contact them. Which made me think if it could maybe be xPilot and the audio part of connecting to Vatsim that somehow triggers this sound. What would also be interesting to ask you is if you recognize the sound? Since Zibo doesn't and same thing with LR - could it be a xPilot sound?

Here's the clip where I try to demonstrate the issue. Your input is as always great appreciated!

Richard Åsberg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, I've never heard this "popping" sound before. Does it only happen in VR? When you recorded this clip, was xPilot running in the background? Have you tried it without running xPilot to see if it makes a difference (though, I don't really think xPilot would be causing this to happen...)?

I can't really tell from your video, but does it sound similar to what this user is/was experience? https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/127928-annoying-typewriter-noise/&tab=comments#comment-1230360

Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin and thanks for the quick response! 

Checked the link but that isn't what I'm hearing and yes, it only happens in VR when using the trigger button.

When I recorded the clip, xPilot was running in the background but I've also tested closing xPilot and the sound is still there. As mentioned, it's not there from start. However, once it started, I haven't found a way to stop it. Other than restarting X-Plane.

Really super odd! 

Richard Åsberg