You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV - Constant Voice Disconnects on vPilot

Ryan Parry

Ryan Parry
Posted
Posted

My ISP provided modem was giving me headaches and showing a lot of uncorrectable codes and they refused to fix it, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and I bought my own modem. I've been connected to Vatsim for about an hour and a half and not a single AFV disconnect. So it wasn't the router, my settings, W10 update, it ended up being the modem. I will say it does seem that AFV is awfully sensitive.

Ryan Parry - 965346

spacer.png

www.pilotcentral.org | www.oakartcc.org

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

It is more sensitive than FSD indeed. Mainly because most of it runs on UDP whereas FSD runs on TCP. Even though, I doubt "3 consecutive failed tries spaced in 5 second intervals" is too sensitive. Sure, you can lose packets here and there, but 3 random ones seems pretty bad to me 😄

Me.

Don Whyte
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know what's changed but I've flown 4 fairly long hauls of 3 hours each in P3D and not one disconnect! That was with and without ATC in range. Running version 2.6.4 of vPilot. I haven't tried it with FS2020. Oh sorry I did try it today on a short flight with no problems.

Hey go back to the earlier version! I'm missing the red letters!

Don Whyte

Edited by Don Whyte
Clarification

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Nothing's changed AFV-related lol

Me.

Don Whyte
Posted
Posted

I checked my Windows10 updates. There weren't any since Aug 17 so that's not what is causing this improved behavior.

Don Whyte

• 1 year later...
Fernando Guaranys 1466931
Posted
Posted

Hello people,

I want to check in before opening a new topic. Any solution was found for this problem? I'm having the same issue in MSFS 2020 w/ vPilot and Xplane-11 w/x-pilot. Both of the pictures are on MSFS

Captura de Tela (192).png

Captura de Tela (195).png

• 3 weeks later...
Sepehr Javeri
Posted
Posted
On 10/1/2021 at 11:06 AM, Fernando Guaranys 1466931 said:

Hello people,

I want to check in before opening a new topic. Any solution was found for this problem? I'm having the same issue in MSFS 2020 w/ vPilot and Xplane-11 w/x-pilot. Both of the pictures are on MSFS

Captura de Tela (192).png

Captura de Tela (195).png

This is exact problem happening to me. I'm also running FSX:SE on Windows 10, but the problem is really anonoying.

• 4 months later...
Fernando Guaranys 1466931
Posted
Posted (edited)

[Possible solution]

Hello guys, I'm happy to say that I manage to solve this issue and hope that this topic might help you out.

After trying port forwarding and many other fixes, what worked for me was to change ISP, what lead me to believe that my original ISP or ISP-provided equipament was at fault.

Edit 1: Grammar.

Edit 2:

I also tried to reconfigure the windows and antivirus software in build firewall, wifi settings, etc...

Edited by Fernando Guaranys 1466931
Grammar