You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PTT on remote...

Maurizio Cinti

Maurizio Cinti
Posted
Posted

Last episode :  yesterday I installed latest Prosimv3 release and , of course, I had the ugly surprise to get again VPilot radio not working. Connection is regular, ptt button is regularly detected by both Host and client, but I can't speak to ATC. Even if I try to write I got the message  " not trasmitting on any channel" or something similar...
I feel that Prosim have some issue with CPFlight hardware, otherwise I can't see why this happened.

Maurizio

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That message means transmit is not enabled on either COM radio. This could be because the radios aren't powered, or they are failed, or there is a bug in ProSim v3 where it is not reporting the radio configuration correctly via SimConnect.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Maurizio Cinti
Posted
Posted

Radios are powered, lights on, frequencies change is active on VPilot screen, but stay grey, and don't turn blue...
I posted this issue on Prosim forum, let's hope in some idea. And I'm going to contact Paolo at CPFlight just to hear his thought.

Maurizio

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Do the TX and RX letters in vPilot change to white or are they grey?

Maurizio Cinti
Posted
Posted

they are grey, don't change

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Definitely sounds like the SimConnect variables are not being set right. I'll provide some details in your thread in the ProSim forums. (I'm also a ProSim user, but I haven't tried v3 yet.)