You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"Error connecting to voice server."

Andrew Turner

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

My bad. Turns out there was another very small buguette which only affected a very small percentage of previously inactive/suspended users. This has just been patched. Would you be so kind to give it one more shot and see if it finally works?

Cheers,

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted

Hi Nestor -

Nobody reached out from VATSIM based on your request.

I did, however, get a response to my ticket - twice - but both only generically recommended checking my password. (Not sure how I could post a ticket without having a password...)

Anyway - I updated today and can now connect to USA West, but get the username / password error when trying to connect to USA East.

Not sure what to do from here...

thanks

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Yeah, nobody reached out because that was not the intention. I meant that I was escalating the issue to the AFV team for debugging, and would report here if there was any updates/fixes (like I did today). Apologies if my wording wasn't clear.

Anyway, when connecting to USA-WEST, can you confirm you have no further issues with connecting to the network or to the voice servers?

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Nestor Perez said:

Yeah, nobody reached out because that was not the intention. I meant that I was escalating the issue to the AFV team for debugging, and would report here if there was any updates/fixes (like I did today). Apologies if my wording wasn't clear.

Anyway, when connecting to USA-WEST, can you confirm you have no further issues with connecting to the network or to the voice servers?

Thanks - I don't think I had any issues - everything looked connected and there were no further error messages. Tonight I'll try some communication and watch for other aircraft.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Perfect, I'll consider this sorted now! With respect to being able to connect to one server and not another, this is expected behaviour, since it can take a while before updated credentials make it through to each server,

• Like 1

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nestor Perez said:

Perfect, I'll consider this sorted now! With respect to being able to connect to one server and not another, this is expected behaviour, since it can take a while before updated credentials make it through to each server,

Working!

Just logged into Western USA and set up at Boston. Watched some traffic and listened in for a few minutes, tested comms with ground, all good 🙂

Thanks again.