PS: Until VATSIM will have introduced the new ICAO type flightplan, those equipment codes are quite important for ATC. At least in Euroscope filling such a code triggers a series of events in terms of handling your flightplan, assigning transponder codes etc.. I just reviewed Daniel's FPLs of recent weeks and they all contained the right equipment codes, e.g. /L for the airliners that he operated. So, what's the problem?

Posted (edited)

Here we go again, a not so helpful response from Andreas. I use x-Pilot to file my plans and until the recent update I did not have to enter any code so the program must have done it automatically.  There is no problem now as others have provided constructive comments; thank you Robert for a most informative video😉

Edited by Daniel Mckee

Why is my reply not helpful? Obviously Justin has improved xPilot with this feature to make sure everyone files a valid flightplan and you complained about this. VATSIM is a learning environment, so the only way is forward. There are plenty of places where you can lookup those codes, a search on these forums reveal a few discussions about this topic, including several mentions of the URL that Lars had posted in his reply to you.

And the excuse of "I am just a recreational pilot" is not helping, either. There are litteraly thousands of "recreational pilots" here who have been using those equipment codes for years already 😉  Guess what: although I am a real pilot, I had to look up the definitions of these codes as well, because in Europe we use ICAO codes and VATSIM is still using legacy FAA-codes that I had no idea about. Again: aviation consists of learning, learning. learning. It never ends.

• Haha 1