VATSIM Webmasters and Pilot Ratings

• Board of Governors

Hi all

I appreciate the time that this has been posted but I wanted to provide an update on how pilot ratings are handled on the technical front after the change to the pilot ratings.

I have tried to keep this change as minimal as possible to alleviate any immediate impact and I expect that in the coming weeks we'll have a complete change to how we return ratings in our API endpoints but more information to follow.

VATSIM is continuing to use a bitmask value, this historically has allowed members to hold a P1, P2, P3 and a P5 or a selection of some and not others. The change to the Pilot Rating scheme means that you will from now only actually hold your highest applicable rating.

The only change to account for is when a pilot rating has a value of 0, this represents the P0 rating instead of "No Pilot Rating"

The actual values that currently will be associated with the ratings are as below, and these are represented in all the accessible tools.

• P1 = 1
  • P1 & P2 = 3
  • P1 & P2 & P3 = 7
  • P1 & P2 & P3 & P4 = 15

These numbers represent the full bitmask values and how you choose as divisions/VA's etc to display them is entirely up to yourselves.

Any questions, please shout, and as above, when I have more information on how pilot ratings will be handed going forward we will provide an update!

Thanks

Matt

Matt Bozwood-Davies
 Vice President Technical Development    
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net
## ##
Vatsim-color-tagline.png.7b888e6f6d0ad80d1d50939ae0a60bcc.png