You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't connect (MSFS)

Calum Stevens

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

Im in! UK2! Does it matter? should i stay on UK2? 

Paul Thomas
Posted
Posted

\o/\o/\o/

Good job.  I got in on UK1, so it may be that your details have yet to be copied onto that one.  It probably makes very little difference, unless one is for the South of the UK and, until Boris levels us up, a very slow one in the North,  🙂

Joe Cannata
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Nick Harasym said:

Joe, which servers are you trying to connect to?

Nick

Ive tried USA-EAST and USA-WEST just got connected to UK1

Nick Harasym
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Joe Cannata said:

Nick

Ive tried USA-EAST and USA-WEST just got connected to UK1

Do any of the other servers work or is it only UK1?

Nick Harasym
Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer 
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net
## ##
7JRF7kO.png

Robert Wakefield
Posted
Posted

I'm still also having exactly the same problem.

Have submitted a support ticket, got an email saying my account has been reactivated, tried to log on and the same thing keeps happening.

Martin Aviati
Posted
Posted

I am a new Vatsim pilot (former IVAO). I thought it was just a beginner` s fault but now I see it` s a general issue.

Or do you have 2 different passwords too like the IVAO Website password and the IVAP Software password? I just completed the test for the new vatsim pilots and passed it with 86%. I still can` t log in to vatsim on fs 2020. Don` t know what I am doing wrong to be honest.

Garritt Powell
Posted
Posted

I too am having this same issue 😞

Mitchel Stokes
Posted
Posted

Having the same issue here, reactivated two days ago and am not able to connect because of invalid CID/password.

Paul Thomas
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mitchel Stokes said:

Having the same issue here, reactivated two days ago and am not able to connect because of invalid CID/password.

I take it that you changed your password to the new one in the reactivation email?

Mitchel Stokes
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Paul Thomas said:

I take it that you changed your password to the new one in the reactivation email?

Yes, I've gone through every help thread I could find and am 100% sure that I'm using the correct CID/PW. I even tried connecting on different servers like others said but to no avail.

I also tried intentionally connecting with an incorrect password, and the error message it gave was different. With the correct password, it connects me to the voice server then disconnects me immediately, where with the incorrect password it just says forbidden and does not let me connect period.

Robert Wakefield
Posted
Posted

Having waited nearly 3 days after re-activating my account, I can connect, but I now get the message:

Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )

I can see a list of frequencies etc now (so have gotten a step further than I was at 2 days ago) but can't hear anything at all on any frequency, presumably because I not connected to the voice server.

If anyone has any ideas what is going wrong here I'd appreciate the help!!!

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

The voice server requires capitalised passwords, so it's good to check if your password capitalisation in vPilot is correct. Hope this fixes the issue.

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Garritt Powell
Posted
Posted

I'm still having connection issues, double checked password, CID and username 😞

• 1 year later...
Roland Duhme
Posted
Posted

Hello, I have some issue not to connect to network. CID+Username are correct. Where can I raise this issue?

• 1 month later...
Michael Shostack
Posted
Posted

Also having the same issue. I submitted ticket #202107479 and still haven't heard anything back.

Michael Shostack
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, I think I may have found the issue. I started typing my Vatsim PW in manually, even though I can access the Vatsim site just fine with it via 1Password. VPilot started beeping at me partway through. I'll need to wait for my new, less strong, Vatsim PW to propagate, but my guess is vPilot has a lower character count limit on the PW field than Vatsim. You should really consider bumping it to avoid forcing users to weaker passwords.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Michael Shostack said:

my guess is vPilot has a lower character count limit on the PW field than Vatsim

The limit in vPilot is 50 characters. Was your password longer than that? I'm wondering if something else was causing the beeping that you referred to.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Michael Shostack
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

The limit in vPilot is 50 characters. Was your password longer than that? I'm wondering if something else was causing the beeping that you referred to.

Yes, 64char strong 1Password pw. Seems like it should match what Vatsim PW field char limit is, no?

Edited by Michael Shostack

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Michael Shostack said:

Yes, 64char strong 1Password pw. Seems like it should match what Vatsim PW field char limit is, no?

Sure, but having a limit of 50 isn't exactly "forcing users to weaker passwords" as you said. 😂

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alexandra Robison
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Michael Shostack said:

VATSIM doesn't have a character limit for the PW field, since we hash all passwords.

• 1 month later...
Marc Van Linden
Posted
Posted

I'm told to still be active when I tried earlier to reactivate.

Still got the message  image.thumb.png.e4a405e8cd09026fb604ee09d89ffd95.png

Someone outthere to help me out as a new member? And besides the technical issue, any link to a Dutch spoken member who can guide me to fix all this?