Turn of MSFS ATC in favor for VATSIM ATC

When using FS2020 I want to disable the built in ATC so that I can use the COM1 Radio to talk to VATSIM ATC or UNICOM. How do I do this? The only option I can find is to delegate the built in ATC to the Co-Pilot AI. This still interferes with COM1.

Please advise.

VAYSTAR Forum identifier - Eric.png

OK, so muting the ATC voices and completely ignoring them after pushback they will not bother you. Ensure you have the AI **NOT** handling your radios and you have full control over them. I flew through the ZNY area and NY_CTR was very patient as I worked this out.

VAYSTAR Forum identifier - Eric.png

13 hours ago, Eric HeBert said:

Ensure you have the AI **NOT** handling your radios and you have full control over them. 

Thanks for this. but... what do you mean exactly by have AI not handle radios?

I just jumped into the sim to check and I found:

• ASSISTANCE > PILOTING > DELEGATE ATC TO AI: OFF
  • ASSISTANCE > USER EXPERIENCE > ATC VOICES: OFF
  • ASSISTANCE > USER EXPERIENCE > ATC UI PANEL OPEN AT START: OFF

Not so sure about:

• ASSISTANCE > USER EXPERIENCE > SHOW MESSAGE LOG IN ATC MENU: ?

I dont want to lower GENERAL > SOUND > VOICES because It's both ATC *and* Co-Pilot... The checklists experience is something really appreciate.

• 1 month later...

I have all these settings set as talked about (basically everything off) and still when I land, the sim changes my frequencies to the local airport... which obviously is a pain while on VATSIM... any other solutions?

13 hours ago, Alan Dean said:

I have all these settings set as talked about (basically everything off) and still when I land, the sim changes my frequencies to the local airport... which obviously is a pain while on VATSIM... any other solutions?

I don't experience this, don't know what to say - there must be something else - Copilot functionality maybe?